Browser extensions won't install on MAC mini with Safari

The browser keeps saying it is Activating browser protection but nothing is happening on my other 2 MAC's no problems and the extensions are installed and work ok.

Anyone having the same problems or knows a fix

Comments

• rcvd
    rcvd Posts: 5 New Member

I have the same problem on two of my three macs. It installed fine on one of my macbooks, but silently fails on another one and my mac mini. Tried many of the suggested solutions (reinstalled f-secure, deleting keychain, deleting Plugin Folder, install using keyboard instead mouse ^^) but nothing works. Everytime I try to install it, I get a warning about installing an extension not from gallery. When I press "trust" the dialog closes but nothing happens. 

Do you found a solution? Anyone else having an idea?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello, 

Could you check the following?

• Do you have any accessibility software on your systems that interact with the mouse? Anything like "Better Touch Tool" or "MagicPrefs"? You can check in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. If so are you able to install without those tools enabled?
    • Are you able to click Trust using Full Keyboard Access? (System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Full Keyboard Access: All Controls to enable, then attempt to install the extensions tab to the trust button and hit return)
    • Are you able to install the extensions with a safe boot? (Hold down shift during an OS boot)
  • rcvd
    rcvd Posts: 5 New Member

Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately all three suggestions do not change anything. Anything else I could try or should look up? 

Best regards 

Alex

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info