Freedome on iOS is dropping / reconnecting

MikkoL01
MikkoL01 Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

I can't troubleshoot this any longer.  I have:

iPhone 6s

iOS 9.3.2

Freedome 2.6.0.3907

The app is very regularly dropping the connection and reconnecting.  It does not matter if I change the server location or delete the app and reinstall.  It also seems not to matter if I am on WiFi or data.  Freedome is becoming an annoyance.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mikko

Comments

• LateS
    LateS Posts: 2 New Member
    Same symptoms here, with similar combo...
  • Fr4nk
    Fr4nk Posts: 1 New Member

I dont know if related to your issues, but in some countries (e.g. UAE recently started tightening its firewall rules), country firewalls are blocking IPSec packets which iPhone Freedome is using. I've been verifying this many times by comparing connecting SSL VPN (Android or Win client) and iPhone with similar networks.

I'd strongly suggest F-Secure developing SSL VPN client to iPhone which is more difficult to block, as many users are changing Freedome becouse of that to other SSL VPN alternatives.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello MikkoL01 and LateS,

Freedome turns the VPN connection off automatically after a little while if there is no network traffic. This is done to save the battery. As soon as there is any network activity, the VPN connection is established automatically again.

Could you try to select the following option in Freedome Settings -> “Keep VPN on when device is idle” setting and see if the connection stays put all the time?

• LateS
    LateS Posts: 2 New Member
    It has been on... Connection can turn off while surfing the web or reading Facebook.
  • MikkoL01
    MikkoL01 Posts: 2 New Member

Hi Laksh,

Which way is "on"?  I pushed it to the right.  And now it has been there but the VPN isn't active.

Thanks,

Mikko

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info