Unable to watch Netflix while connected to Freedome

Sixpanel
Sixpanel Posts: 3 Observer

I reside in the USA. I am connected to a USA Freedome connection (I've tried multiple-- southeast, south, etc.)  Netflix is apparently blocking any connection with IPs belonging to Freedome.

I value my privacy and wish to maintain my connection to Freedome while viewing Netflix.  I am not violating their terms of service while being connected to a USA connection.  I am not violating your terms of service, either.

What are F-Secure's plans to remedy this?

Comments

• V3rax
    V3rax Posts: 2 New Member

i'm in the US. i found the same problem today. Netflix now saying it can't play cause i'm using a unblocker or proxy.  i had to re-install Freedom since i could never see anything in the Freedom desktop program after it was last updated . i could only work it by right clicking  the icon in the notification icons. after i re-istalled it tryed to update . the icon help option does nothing . doesn't work . the troubleshooter saved a the 'fsdiag.7z' file to my desktop. and i took a photo of the blank field on my desktop where Freedom is supposed to be in.

• Natherul
    Natherul Posts: 14 New Member

as I stated in

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Looks-like-Netflix-has-blocked/td-p/79522/page/3

It sadly is against the Netflix term of service, even though you are not circumventing the geoblocking they cant distinguish that since there are a multitude of connections to the same node (the point beeing privacy).

Here is a part of the Netflix ToS:

4.3.   You may view a movie or TV show through the Netflix service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such movie or TV show. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location and will change from time to time. The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch depends on your chosen subscription plan and is specified on the "Your Account" page.

fsecure most likley wont do anything to help in your situation since it would interfere with a third party ToS.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Everyone,

Netflix recently announced that it has begun to prohibit VPNs to be used when accessing its service. This is unfortunate as VPN provides an additional layer of security customers should demand when enjoying their favorite content. Freedome will continue to provide our customers legal access to any service they enjoy without constructing workarounds intended to violate the terms and conditions of any service.

• Arnnie1
    Arnnie1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Lol.. But thats why we pay for the service... Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info