too much installs

yeoldfart
yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

I'm a beta tester for F-S Protection and a windows 10 insider since the beginning. As such I have to reinstall progs more than often, today the reinstall of Freeedome did not allow me to input my valid license (still 2 months to run) with a message I mainstalled on too many PCs which is wrong.

can you help me ?

thx

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi yeoldfart,

May I know is this a multi license subscription of Freedome?

Our latest version of Freedome for PC allows you to transfer your licence (this should also work in case of a clean reinstallation) which resets your Freedome licenses. Please check this article for more information on the license reset procedure.

Make sure that you have the latest version installed(v1.1.2531.0 ) in use.

• yeoldfart

thank you but it does not apply to my case: it's a singel license but several installs on one single device due to F-S Protection beta and W10 insider previews handling, 2 months license remaining, question asked to F-S hotline, no answer.

• Laksh

Hi yeoldfart,

To understand your issue better, can I know how you got your Freedome code? If you have already opened a support request, could you provide me the case number via private message to check further?

• yeoldfart

It was a promotionnal code via chip.de valid for one year, thank you for your help, I did not get any case reference... maybe something went askew ? I give you my license via pm

• Laksh

Thanks for the update @yeoldfart! I will check on this and get back to you via PM for further details.

• yeoldfart

still no solution: I'm loosing the 2 months license left, very unpleasing

• Laksh

Hi yeoldfart,

I have sent you a PM on this issue. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

• yeoldfart

thank you, I appreciate

• yeoldfart

I intend to buy a one year license, will it add up 12 months to my remaining duration ?

• Laksh

Hi yeoldfart,

If you purchase a 1 year code, you might only be able to add the Freedome code when the current subscription has 10 days left. 

• yeoldfart

thanks a lot, Ipostpone buying till then

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info