Driver Problem with Freedome TAP Network Adapter?

Bulbhead
Bulbhead Posts: 27 New Member

I have a frequent problem of no network connection when beginning a new session in my PC (Win10). The solution is to refer to Microsoft instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues: 1) update the network adapter driver (even if it is uptodate) or 2) uninstall and reinstall this driver or 3) run networking commands from the command prompt.

It appears there is something amiss with the driver, since these actions do not bring a permanent reprieve to the problem and I would appreciate, if the Freedome team would look into this issue for a better (permanent) solution.

[Windows 10 ver. 1511, Freedome 1.1.2351.1)

Comments

• Bulbhead

I am reverting to the subject as the "no network connection" seems to be a permanent feature of Freedome every time I turn on my pc.

The network connection can be restored by updating the Freedome TAP driver and odd thing is that the update only confirms that the driver is already uptodate.

I would appreciate assistance from the Freedome team for finding a solution to this annoying problem. Is the problem related to the driver or what?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Bulbhead,

Could you please open a support request with your details of the issue happening with Freedome so that our Support team can look into this further?

• tballege
    tballege Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi @Bulbhead
    I am having a similar "no network connection" problem with this version on Windows 10 ver. 1511
    Could you please open a support request like Laksh suggests? I opened a support request as well. Thanks
  • Bulbhead

Done. For interim solution, try restarting your pc.

• Bulbhead

The  problem with missing network connection at startup persists. The fast solution I am now using is to restart the pc immediately after startup and the network connection is established. Why the need for this double start, I do not know, but it works for me at least and is simple to do. Would still appreciate if F-Secure could provide a permanent fix and eliminate the need for (otherwise unnecessary) restart.

Win 10. Freedome 1.1.2531.0

• Laksh

Hi @Bulbhead,

I have highlighted about your post and the updates in your Support ticket.

• Bulbhead

Fine, but what is the Support ticket?

By the way, the problem of no network connection seems to be resolved with the recent Freedome update (ver. 1.2.2729.0). Hope this proves to be a permanent solution and that normal network connection isnow  established every time pc is started.

• Laksh

Hi Bulbhead,

Good to know the network connectivity issue is now resolved after the latest update. Please monitor the situation in case if the issue arises again.

By Support ticket, I refer to the support request/case you have opened with our Support team via email.

• freedoms
    freedoms Posts: 4 New Member

@Bulbhead wrote:

Fine, but what is the Support ticket?

By the way, the problem of no network connection seems to be resolved with the recent Freedome update (ver. 1.2.2729.0). Hope this proves to be a permanent solution and that normal network connection isnow  established every time pc is started.

How do you get version 1.2.2790? Im using windows 10 and my version is 1.1.2531.0 and the Check for Updates button does literally nothing?

• Bulbhead

It was an automatic update (from F-Secure).

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info