extra protection

My computer is protected by F-Secure Anti-Virus internet security. The scan I run today found 22 malware. But on the report the actions taken shows: Disinfected: 0 Renamed: 0 Deleted: 0 Quarantined: 0 Failed: 0 . Another scan I ran the day before yesterday found 20 or 21 spyware that could not be removed. Should I expect that malware or spyware be found on my computer every day I do a complete scan? I’m considering of installing a free version of a removal tool for extra protection such as Spybot Search and Destroy. What do you think of that?

Comments

• biblio
    biblio Posts: 12 Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice. I never thought of compatibility issues. Malware seems to be a good product. I noticed on their website though that F-Secure is not listed on the compatible Antivirus products. Do you have F-Secure and Malware installed on your PC?

• biblio

Simon

Thanks for the private message you sent me. Much appreciate it. There are lots of antispyware free products out there and it's hard to find a good one. Some of them might mess up with the registry and the Pc gets worse rather get better. Anyway i did install malwarebytes and performed a scan. I followed the instructions and hopefully i won't have any problems in the future.

Again thanks for your help.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Test post
  • EJB
    EJB Posts: 46 Contributor

F-Secure isn't listed on the 'compatible anti virus' list at Malwarebytes!

I did recently have reason to use MWB with F-Secure and there were no conflicts!

• biblio

I noticed that myself that Malwarebytes is not listed in the compatible antispyware software for F-Secure. However I do have it installed in my computer for about 10 days now and there is no problem. It actually removed spyware that it found and I’m happy with that so far. I also had Adwcleaner installed but somehow it “vanished” and it’s not in my desktop now. I don’t know what happened to that. I think Malwarebytes is pretty good I’ve read good reviews on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info