Google Chrome keeps asking for verification

Spectralis
Spectralis Posts: 5 New Member

When I try to search using Google Chrome with Freedome switched on, Chrome has started asking for verification that I'm not a robot. It comes up with a box asking me to type in a code. When Freedome is switched off I can search using Chrome normally.  Is this normal or a scam? This is the message I am receiving from Google search with Freedome switched on:

"This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly."

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Spectralis,

We are aware that this might happen from time to time.

Google sees lots of traffic coming from our virtual locations(IP addresses) and thinks that we might be attacking someone.

We unfortunately cannot really avoid that, however Google generally updates their detection very quickly and these situations should not typically last.

• Spectralis
    Spectralis Posts: 5 New Member

Ok, thanks Ben. Is it safe to complete the verification request or should I leave it and wait until it no longer appears?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info