Freedome + Privacy badger + HTTPS Everywhere = good idea or bad idea?

• I am wondering if these three features work together or agains each other:
  •   
  • Freedome: encrypting traffic + blocking trackers (but not in combinations wit HTTPS)
  • Privacy badger: blocking trackers
  • HTTPS Everywhere: encrypting traffic
  •  
  • I am currently using all three, but I am not sure if I am overcomplicating matters...

Comments

• pavel
    pavel Posts: 2
    I'd say you're overlapping the general security solutions here with different things. It probably wont do much of a harm or not impact performance (we're not in 90s), but I'm personally not enthusiastic about such inventions and hybrids. When you use Freedome, it does the encryption for you as you're going through the tunnel anyway. Freedome provides few additional, well coded functionalities like blocking trackers, etc. Using three solutions is like not believing in any of those.
  • adriaan
    adriaan Posts: 8
    Hi Pavel,

That makes a lot of sense.

I started using Freedome after I already incorporated the two EFF extensions in my way of dealing with the Internet.

I regard the EFF highly, but my choice for F-Secure was also deliberate. So, I'll turn the extensions off and see how that works out.
  • Tehfcae
    Tehfcae Posts: 107 Contributor

It is good to various levels of security, F-secure blocks malicous content and specific tracking sites. Things like Disconnect, Ghostery and Privacy Badger block specific content that report back to tracking sites.

If you are really concered about your privacy, I recommend looking into using TAILS OS or at least TOR (and hopfully HORNET in the near future) as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info