Booster Slow After Install

Dell 630D 4GB mem.   PC is really slow after Booster installation,  online papers have blanks where pictures should be and videos are constant buffering, have stopped all background monitoring, no change.

Booster upgraded OpenOffice in German.

Re-installed Booster, no change,  I'm stumped!

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Did things go back to normal between uninstalling and reinstalling Booster?
  • Kaloakulua
    Kaloakulua Posts: 5

Hi Simon, thanks for you rapid response.  No, it didn't, but after first run some programs and add on's were gone and I had to re-install these.  It was in the first run the OpenOffice was upgraded into German.  The first two Booster installs were also in German as were the associated emails.

@Simon wrote:
    Did things go back to normal between uninstalling and reinstalling Booster?

• Simon
    Sorry, I don't use the product (or any like it), so I can't really help. I was just trying to establish if it was definitely Booster which caused the issues.

All I can suggest is that you uninstall Booster then try a System Restore and see if that reverts things.

But you might want to wait and see if there are any more responses here first, particularly from F-Secure.
  • Kaloakulua

Thank you Simon, wait a couple of days.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Kaloakulua,

Did you already review the following article:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Why-is-my-computer-slower-after/ta-p/68268

However, if uninstalling the product doesn't bring any improvement, the problem might lay somewhere else.

• Simon
    Don't know if it's just me, but I'm getting an error from that URL, Ben:

"An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks for noticing @Simon.  Sorry, there was a typo in the link(a dot in the post number).

I corrected the link now. It should read(just in case): 

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Why-is-my-computer-slower-after/ta-p/68268

• Simon
    That's better! :)
  • Kaloakulua

Thank you for your response. I have installed Booster on 2 machines,  Dell 630D laptop and a Dell desktop, similar problems have developed on both pc's, both are now VERY slow and have graphics problems, I seem to have lost a driver on both machines and on the desk top after the initial boot up, the screen will won't display colour,  Booster also disabled add-ons like Adblock and Java etc.   When I try to download graphics driver the picture fragments, on both machines.  I think it odd that when Booster tried to upgrade OpenOffice, it did so in German, the initial  install emails were in German, I know code should be blind to language, but.....

I have removed and re-installed  Booster a couple of times it's made no difference.

I'm concentrating on the laptop, as I have to work out to how to work on the other with a blank screen, ho hum Cat Sad

• Kaloakulua

I have disabled all background monitoring, no change I'm afraid.

• Beatrice
    Beatrice Posts: 3 New Member

I have a similar problem. After running booster speed up internet my internet is slower, especially my email program, which is usually very fast, which now has a waiting period of up to eight seconds to open mails. Also my openoffice is now in german and I have no idea how to fix that. I wonder if it may have something to do with booster wanting to optimize already optimized settings in speed up internet? 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info