freedome on my ipad

Hi
I have used this application for 6 months and is perfect best thing ever got i use across 4 devices.
Yesterday my iplayer stopped working of whuch.i use mostly as i dont live in uk and use vpn to watch it but yesterday it stopped working across.all my devices but whats funny is i reistalled it and made no difference at all,says is in UK but noticed even my itunes store is know in dolkars,have you guys got a tech.problem at minute

Thanks
Tim

Comments

• Deb03
    Deb03 Posts: 9
    Hi Tim

I have the same problem.
  • I watch bbc iplayer all the time and kids programme's did yours stop working last night

Tim
  • Deb03

Hi Tim

We watch iplayer all the time from Spain and last night from about 5 pm it stopped working.  It would not work from my PC either with f-secure vpn.  They did an update with the London server or something to make it faster and I think something went wrong then.  I am also having problems the Do4 on Ipad, keep getting an error, do you use this app?

• Hi
    Yes just was reading further down list in forums glad not just me i hope fixed for Eastenders even amazon prime will not work.
    Never heard of DO4 is it good,we have only lived here 6 months before that lived in.Alicanta for 5 years we just got fed up with Spain.

Tim
  • Deb03

We are in Murcia region and we have been here a year and we love it.    Channel 4 on Demand 4oD.  If you have a PC you can you use hola.org and get bbc iplayer that way (it is free).   I checked this morning and that is working fine, so I will be able to watch the 2 episodes of Eastenders that is on tonight.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Thank you both for reporting that. This is a known issue, related as you have seen in this thread, to the IP geolocation.

We are working on it.

• Hi Ben
    Is there any news on the UK ip issue stil not working and wife wants to kill me.
    Used app for 6 months and is perfect usually so no complaints.

Thanks
    Tim
  • Tapsa
    Tapsa Posts: 82 F-Secure Employee

The correct location has now been added to the RIPE database  for our UK virtual location. While we cannot affect how quickly BBC's geolocation service picks up the data from RIPE, we certainly hope it won't take more than a few days. Many of the geolocation services already recognize our UK addresses as being in the UK. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info