klima89 Posts: 58 Explorer

back to the icon, it helps to log out and re-login

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

Hello !

Is there a date for the next release ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

To restore a quarantined file, simply go to the event in the main UI where the file was quarantined and click the "restore" button. This will restore the file to the location it was originally found from and mark it safe so it won't be immediately re-quarantined.

To exclude a file or directory, simply right-click it in Windows Explorer and select "Mark <blah> as safe" from the context menu. You can do the same again to remove the exclusion.

• yeoldfart

thank you for your explanations, my apologizes for being a bit obdurate

• Vulp
    Vulp Posts: 2 Observer

I dont´t know if it just my computer but ultralight seems to detect a lots of malicious or suspect traffic while surfing. Am I the only one who has this problem?

• yeoldfart

if you used a say "conventionnal" AV before which didn't flag these same URL's, it's only false positives, I made the same puzzling experience e.g. my speedbox supplier's URL has been flagged as malicious, have a try https://www.shpv.fr/

imo the people at F-S should address this.

• MickDoe
    MickDoe Posts: 17

this products replaced Internet Security or they will be available the same?

• yeoldfart

from what I understood in previous "official" posts F-S don't yet have such plans, I wrote "yet", it seems ULAV is some kind of a showcase.

• [Deleted User]

There does seem to be a false positive problem in ULAV that we're aware of and currently looking into. We've seen the same behaviour ourselves on certain websites, so we have a repro. I'll let you know when we figure something out!

• yeoldfart

could you check with the url I gave above ? the funny thing is that this url is flagged as malicious with firefox, I then mark it as safe, but same url is flaged again in chrome, and again in IE.

seems to me that safe marking of url's is not stored as per url but in one browser, not in any data base or whitelist.

hope this helps

• yeoldfart

UI should be resizable: the present alternative, full screen or closed is very counter productive and uncomfortable.

• [Deleted User]

The URL you linked here is actually rated malicious by our systems, but it is most likely a false positive. The site gets blocked by our non-Ultralight products too.

If this is a false positive, let me know and I'll check with the guys managing the URL reputation service.

• yeoldfart

Thanks I confirm this is a reputable company, well known as VPS, VPN, Web hosting and seedbox supplier. I am their happy customer for over 6 months. Definitely a false positive.

• I just wanted to say thank you for letting me test, and all seems well here at my end so far:)

• yeoldfart

may I repeat my question: are there plans for a new rls in a predictable future ?

• klima89

I also enclose the questionSmiley Happy

• yeoldfart

don't you dare trolling :))

• klima89
  • [Deleted User]

Hi!

We've been rather under-resourced for this project due to the holiday season and some other tasks popping up, and hence there haven't been any major changes recently. Note that since the whole product is updateable via our channels, you will receive new components, fixes and changes to the UI automatically without having to run a fresh installer.

I'll let you know once I have more information to share about upcoming changes.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for current reply, but just want to say... that with current Microsoft Windows Updates same situation with reported story about previous ones.

My experience about situation, when "one of updates" (during installation one of updates) again goes be stuck more, than hour (hour and fifteen minutes probably).

During current "stuck" for installation... task manager can be with information that F-Secure ULAV have stable-upload-network connection (with full network usage). When it's stopped (after more, than hour)... installation goes to be "continues".

Different with first meet about situation (as reported story).. probably too much small, but can be "important".

Anyway.. I also think.. what if it just my local situation and all other F-Secure ULAV users have normal design with Microsoft Windows Updates and F-Secure ULAV.

• [Deleted User]

Hello All, 

First thank you for your engagement and feedback. 

As this thread is becoming very long, I will close it here. 

That doesn't mean that the story ends, so don't hesitate to share your feedback and ask further question by opening new threads

This discussion has been closed.