How can I find out the phone number of my daughters tablet??

I want to download the security to my daughters android tablet, but I have been asked for the phone number. I didn't know tablets had a phone number. Someone please help!!

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

If during installation I assume it asks for a "trusted number"? If so, then you enter your own mobile number as the trusted number. Then you will receive an alert if the SIM card is changed in your daughters tablet.

More info: http://www.f-secure.com/static/doc/home_global/manuals/Mobile_Security_Android/F-Secure_Mobile_Security_for_Android_UG_eng.pdf

• Swiper
    Swiper Posts: 4

No, it says enter the phone number of the tablet and i will recieve a SMS with the download link.

• NikK

From where are you trying to download, is it from https://mysafe.f-secure.com (if you are a SAFE customer), or somewhere else?

• Swiper

Yes I'm trying to download from that website.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Hi Swiper,

Did you get that working, or do you still need help? If it's solved, please mark one of the posts with "Accept as Solution."

Thanks!
  • Swiper

Smiley HappyYes, sorry, I managed to download the app through her tablet.

• Jan1
    Jan1 Posts: 5

Hey Swiper, where you able to get this figured out? what phone number did you use?

I think I have a smiliar problem... I don't have a dougther... But I have the same problem you mention.

Help please...!

• NikK

Jan1, if you explain your problem in detail we may be able to help you.

Swiper didn't need to find the phone number. Only initiate the installation process from the daughters tablet instead of from another device(a parent device). Then you won't get prompted for a phone number.

• Jan1
    Jan1 Posts: 5

Hey Nikk, thanks for the help.

Problem solved I had a friend helping! I appreciate you getting back to me.

Cheers!

• Hi, i've got a google nexus tablet with no sim therefore no telephone number.  I've renewed my subscription via virgin media.  Clicked 'Install', clicked 'download the installer on the current device'.  Software confirms that the tablet is identified as 'android' so clicked 'next' and then i'm asked to name my device and add a telephone number!!!!!!!!!  Won't let me progress without keying in a telephone number!

• JoniW
    JoniW Posts: 9 Explorer

Hello,

Yes it's asking it but it shouldn't be mandatory information. If you have no sim-card I would recommend you to put your email there so In case you will use anti-theft and forget your security code it's possible throught email.

If F-secure is somewhy asking phone number and not letting you go forward then I would recommend you to try to uninstall and re-install F-secure.

If still some problems then please contact our support.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info