Web pages crash

Since loading F-Secure on my HTC it now crashes web pages I am on so I have to go back in again and reload them all.

Also it has slowed my phone down even more than it was.

Not impressed with this product. will not be paying for it when

free trial ends.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    From what you have said, your phone was running slowly even before installing F-Secure?

Do you have any other security apps installed on the device?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear Mario_Capus,

May we know which HTC phone are you using? And how does it crash your webpages? As when you are in the middle of browsing or every time you open the browser? Which browser are you using?

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Yoon

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

• Yes it was not brilliant but you do not expect a product to make it even slower.

No, no other products on phone, Fing-Secure

• The phone is a HTC Desire X.

Crashes whilst in browser.

Internet version 4.51.562453

• Simon

Sorry for the questions, but just to clarify, by 'Internet version', do you mean the Android version is 4.51?

For reference, F-secure SAFE supports Android smartphone and tablet devices using Android 2.2 or later.

• Yes to internet.

Why is it only supporting certain levels when there are a lot of

mobiles out there that arent at the level that Fing-Secure support

will support. Deferntly must be owned by virgin media somewhere

as they rufuse to support older software. Meaning more money in

there pockets.

Also as I am in a two contract, am I always going to suffer form new

software levels being released and not being supported, thus being

at risk of attack. 

• Simon
    Which Android version do you have on the device?

Unfortunately, one disadvantage, perhaps, of Android is that they stop issuing updates quite quickly for what are perceived to be 'older' devices. I know your phone is only a couple of years old, or so, but things do seem to move on quite rapidly in terms of software updates for smartphones, and with quite a few Android versions around, I guess, when it comes to compatibility, companies providing software for these platforms have to have a cut off point.

Having said that, we haven't actually established that the reason for your issue is an unsupported platform. If you can provide us with your Android version, then hopefully F-Secure, or one of our other forum members may have some further suggestions.

Could be an excuse for a new phone, though. Smiley Wink
  • Android Version 4.1.1. would luv to get new phone, but as stated in 2 year contract

and have a year to go

• Simon

OK, if your Android version is 4.1.1, and FS SAFE supports from 2.2 onwards, that at least indicates that platform compatibility is probably not the issue - so it must be something else.

Just a thought, but could it perhaps be a capacity issue with the phone?  Could you perhaps try moving some apps which are running on the phone memory, to the SD card?  If, as you said, it was running slowly before installing FS, then installing FS, or possibly any other security app, may have just exacerbated an existing underlying issue.

One other suggestion might be to try another browser, or clear the cache in your existing browser.

If you don't get any further responses here today, then I would suggest raising a Support Ticket so that the support guys can perhaps run through some diagnostics with you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Mario_Capus!

Haven't heard back from you in a while, did you end up finding a solution to this?  Please let us know if you did, or if you need more suggestions!

// Chrissy

• Well it has not got any better, but as I have the phonefor another year will have to suffer. Seems there is no real answer
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info