Internet Security 2012 Beta (R42) released

Hi all,

we released yesterday afternoon a new R42 version of the IS2012 Beta with following new features:

• Domain user support for Online Safety
  • Close to final IS2012 graphics without beta mentioned
  • Lot of bug fixes.

Petri on behalf of the project team

PS. If you want to join the IS2012 beta program, you can apply to it at:
http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA-Labs/beta-programs/home-users-beta/IS2012beta/index.html

Comments

• bardok206
    bardok206 Posts: 9 Observer

Hi.

What with the option of storing programs in the firewall if they are not trusted? When I start messenger every timeI ask for permission call. Where is the option of marking that we did not ask about the program? Is now every time I have to manually enter in the options and add your application? Or is it a bug? If the latter is naprawcie as soon as possible because you can not normally use the f-secure.

here pic... :  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/whre.jpg/

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

my Polisch (?) is a bit rusty, but is this  Application Control blocking?

The program could be posiible riskware and you either need to submit it to get this fixed by the lab or you need to exclude it from scanning.

BR

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Very nice GUI. Ten times better than IS2011 and little bit better than TP/business colors

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Forgot, you has to make launch tab GUI transparent again

• Petri
    Petri Posts: 37 Explorer

@bardok206 wrote:

What with the option of storing programs in the firewall if they are not trusted? When I start messenger every timeI ask for permission call. Where is the option of marking that we did not ask about the program? Is now every time I have to manually enter in the options and add your application? Or is it a bug?

Hi,

in TP42 we removed that check box and changed the functionality so that it will always remember the decision. So if it is asking again and again, then there is clearly something wrong. Can you see the messenger listed in the application control list? And if you add it there manually, will the problem disappear?

Please run the support tool and create us a bug report with the fsdiag attached.

Petri

• bardok206
    bardok206 Posts: 9 Observer

@Petri

"Can you see the messenger listed in the application control list?"   This application dont add automatically.

"And if you add it there manually, will the problem disappear?"  Yes,if use manual method ==>  problem disappear.

"Please run the support tool and create us a bug report with the fsdiag attached." Yes i create bug report  1 day ago. Now is sent to development.

And here my question :  

If some application has   electronic signatures and this is  safe , but she's not on the whitelist (firewall). this is where I have to send applications has been tested and added to the whitelist in the next time?

Digitally signed files should be automatically allowed to open connections from the computer to internet without having to add them manually to the list. It's clearly a bug and we are now investigating your bug report.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

This discussion has been closed.