F-Secure Firewall leak test

Rusli
Rusli Posts: 1,012 Influencer

Hi

Please do a F-Secure firewall leak test.

http://www.pcflank.com/pcflankleaktest.htm

http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

And another one is downloadable leaktest from matousec.

And report the outcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Who are you asking this??

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

I did and it tells me "Great news! you are safe" So what?

• RMc-Canada
    RMc-Canada Posts: 33 Observer

@MJ-perComp wrote:

I did and it tells me "Great news! you are safe" So what?

Ouch!?!... "so what?"  you PAY for a Firewall component you expect it to do its job?, that's what...

I'd like to see the 'new' 2013 firewall tested, why?, because that is the 'ONLY REASON' I paid extra for Internet Security!, for the firewall component, Period. it better be Worth the extra?, of the already High price of F-Secure products...  Smiley Wink

• Rusli

Ha ha ha!  No offence.

I like the way you response.  In a way you are right my friend. You have a point.

Well everyone test leaktest for firewall.

It's the first line of defence.

There is Comodo Leaktest firewall.

But the one I recommend is to use Matousec Leaktest firewall. I try to figure it out to install.

- I Listening To Finnish Apocalyptica Metallica Music is Fantastic! It's like Yngwie Malmsteen on Cello!  -

• Rusli

Firewall leak testing is a must. If you want to beta test. You need to have the tool to test it.

Everyone does it.

- The Matrix! Take the red pill ..... Take the blue pill .... Everybody take the red pill to be Neo!   -

• Rusli

Try these leak test.

Comodo Firewall leaktest with FSIS 2013!

See if it passed test!

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/cltinfo.html

And the more advance Matousec leaktest! (This is a must! Inorder to increase security of your antivirus products!)

http://www.matousec.com/downloads/

• RMc-Canada

I'd post a reply if I didn't get this GD message every time?! Smiley Mad  seeing this a lot on these forums & I have NO IDEA why?...

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

• Rusli
  • etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

> I'd like to see the 'new' 2013 firewall tested

F-Secure Internet Security 2013 does NOT include a firewall any more. The "F-Secure Distributed Firewall / Internet Shield" packet-filtering NDSI module is gone!

FSIS 2013 relies on Microsoft's factory built-in firewall, which is fine on Win7, OK on Vista and sucks a great deal for WinXP SP3 users.

The current corporate purpose comprehensive workstation protection offering, "F-Secure Client Security 9.3x" still includes the proprietary personal firewall packet filter.

I don't know if FSCS 9.50 (Win8) will have the legacy firewall.

• RMc-Canada

Again?,

I'd post a reply if I didn't get this GD message every time?!  seeing this a lot on these forums & I have NO IDEA why?...

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

• RMc-Canada

• RMc-Canada

why?...

• Rusli

I tried that at my end. Same thing.

It crash!

Do a rich text.

• RMc-Canada

"Do a rich text."

That's all I've been doing?, is 'rich text'.Smiley Frustrated

I have no idea what HTML is LOL!.

• RMc-Canada

Nope still something interfering with certain situations. Just tried to copy/paste my original message I have saved & BLAM!?! -

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

• RMc-Canada

just posted a reply in the news & feedback section with NP. Smiley Very Happy

• Enfcmedic384
    Enfcmedic384 Posts: 181 Enthusiast

I did the test and it told me that I either have no firewall or I have it completely disabled? What do I do to re enable security? How can I be protected?

• Rusli

Hi

In Windows you have to enable the Firewall by default.

F-Secure 2013 is using Microsoft own's Windows  Firewall.

And also check via Control Panel, Firewall settings. Turn on Windows Firewall.

Or

You have to go to Control Panel, Action Center, Security and Network Firewall. And Enable the firewall.

If you are using it via Windows 7 or Windows 8.

If you are using the GRC Leaktest, disable the Deep Guard to download it.

And enable the Deep Guard again.

When Deep Guard detects the GRC Leaktest.

Block it!

In order to pass the test.

But if you allow the GRC Leaktest. It will Fail the test.

Simple as that.

You have to Block GRC Leaktest when Deep Guard detects it when doing the GRC firewall leaktesting.

This discussion has been closed.