Support for Linux

Options

Overall I'm happy with ID Protection, I've been using it for years so far, and I think the price is worth the product... BUT. I can't understand how is it that there is no Linux Client for ID Protection yet. I do use Linux quite heavily and It's quite frustrating not being able to use it. I've tried Wine, but it fails to install because some random error on connecting to internet (while all the other apps installed with the same emulator work fine).

Please add support for linux, Its important to me, and I'm sure it is also important for many of your customers too. I don't want to move away from F-Secure but on the other side, I don't want to feel restricted on when to use Linux/windows neither. Best

6 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• fsecureNick
    fsecureNick Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I too find it very frustrating that I cannot access my passwords or use the autofill for my more complex passwords when working on my linux machine. Surely this should be supported considering the popularity of linux amongst the people concerned with their security and privacy.

• joniturunen
    joniturunen Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

I too am annoyed by the lack of Linux client. Required in professional use, might need to start looking other options for our org.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,649 Community Manager
    Options

Hello,

F-Secure ID PROTECTION is only available on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android platforms. You can check this link for the supported platforms for F-Secure ID PROTECTION https://community.f-secure.com/id-protection-en/kb/articles/8574-what-are-the-supported-platforms-for-f-secure-id-protection

So far, there is no further discussion on whether it will be supported on the Linux platform or not.

However, we appreciate your idea and suggestion.

Thank you and have a good day.

• Wilco
    Wilco Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I am sorry to find a security product not supporting an in the basis more secure OS design Linux. Supporting some of the main Debian distributions for instance. A reason for me not to buy this product myself or advise it. It came included with my providers description and I use it on a temporarily spare. Luckily I can use my other security product for Linux and the rest of my hardware OS's.