Green border appears for no reason

paulpaulpaulpaul
paulpaulpaulpaul Posts: 1 Observer

Hi,

A not very technical friend of mine uses F-Secure on his laptop PC. He has been using it for a number of years now ( I recommended it) without any problems. recently teh green border started firing up for no reason. I was on his laptop using Chrome to access a variety of websites; BBC, Guardian etc and suddenly the green border appeared. No other apps/programs were running at the time. If I end Banking protection the green banner goes but comes back a few minutes later.

Anybody else experienced this?

Thanks

PAul

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Anybody else experienced this?

In one form or another, such a problem may occur. Therefore, you need to know exactly about the causes and the specific type of situation.

recently teh green border started firing up for no reason

This border is part of active Banking Protection. So, if you mean that this frame / border is a "problem" - then this is part of how the active F-Secure Banking Protection is now displayed.

If I end Banking protection the green banner goes but comes back a few minutes later.

And the trouble itself can be an "unexpected" triggering of the Banking Protection session.

There is Knowledgebase Article about subject and potential reasons: Why is Banking Protection activating even if I'm not on a bank page? - F-Secure Community

I was on his laptop using Chrome to access a variety of websites; BBC, Guardian etc and suddenly the green border appeared

It would be helpful to understand or find out at what point the protection of Banking transactions by F-secure starts. Specific website, resource. Or a certain action.

In general, one of points in mentioned article should be a reason and a kind of explanation for your experience. If you could try to get the right idea when / where Banking Protection triggered - it is possible to clearly understand which of points and to avoid/mitigate it.

Additionally, you can always try to reach their official Support channels (for example, web-chat): Contact support | F-Secure / If remote assistance is required or if it is impossible to find more information by your own steps.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info