Login issues

heewit
heewit Posts: 1 New Member

Hi.

Every time I restart my PC and open ID protection, I'm logged out. I'm told to login again , so I do that. Then I'm getting email about new login found from the new device and unknown location. I'm told I have to free the license and register new device. So I'm freeing the license from the same PC every time and adding it again.

Is this a common issue? Any idea what I could do to prevent this from happening? A little bit annoying.

Thanks for any support!

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user. And my current experience is not about a stable solution (can be differences).

Before reading any further sentences, could you explain a bit. Did you mean that your F-Secure ID Guardian (application) client with its 'passwords' (entries storage) after each restart will require to 'login' (like acquire a licence) instead of 'unlock' client by master password? Or after unlocking - there is a prompt to login?

If this ^ description is not about your situation. I will write a bit more:

Also, sorry if your experience is about the most up-to-date design - but the description given is a little confusing to me. And, so, I think that maybe your trouble is about different parts and points.

Every time I restart my PC and open ID protection, I'm logged out.

I think that's the way it should be. Especially when it comes to software. Each time you open (after closing) the application, you must unlock it with the main password. Then you can use the options "do not lock" the application for a certain number of minutes or even days. But, I think that restarting or shutting down the device will close the application (and, accordingly, lock it).

However, maybe your experience is about My F-Secure Account portal an its ID Protection side. If so, indeed "logged out" state is much more strange. But, perhaps, My F-Secure portal with some chosen time-out and auto logout for user's sessions. Maybe as part of good security patterns. So, session is invalidated after some inactivity time (expired or so). And then need to re-login back.

Then I'm getting email about new login found from the new device and unknown location

At least, this sounds as My F-Secure portal feature. You could check your account's settings after login (my.f-secure.com). And to configure these emails. Maybe related letters can be about Community logins.

I'm told I have to free the license and register new device. So I'm freeing the license from the same PC every time and adding it again.

So, could you extend it by additional description. Is it portal, or is it software where you have to free the license?

Sorry for my suggestions. Actually, maybe I will try later to check it on my devices. But since you mentioned "fresh device / unknown location" and if there is need to acquire / confirm license - perhaps F-Secure ID Guardian somewhat surprised by inability to identify installation. So, does this flow is from first days of your use? Or happened recently after days with a quite normal flow?

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info