Renewed F-Secure TOTAL subscription, but my F-Secure FREEDOME VPN shows subscription is expired

Options
jayviiregular
jayviiregular Posts: 3 New Member
edited May 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Hello everybody,

My iPhone is in an amazing loop where the re-installation always ends in "subscription expired". It worked before, but after continuing the subs, it doesn't. Any ideas are welcome. I've spent many hours with this :-)

BR,

JV

Accepted Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear @jayviiregular

Check that you do not have an expired F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscription directly via App Store:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store
    2. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen
    3. Tap View Apple ID. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID
    4. Tap Subscriptions

After an App Store subscription expires, there is a "cooldown period" (3,5 days for monthly, 7 days for yearly subscriptions) during which it is not possible to enter a license key or log in. This is to push users to renew via App Store. You can renew your F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscription with a license key or by logging in after the cooldown period has ended. 

9-day grace period for F-Secure FREEDOME VPN for iOS

When F-Secure TOTAL subscription or trial expires, there is a 9-day grace period to allow for normal renewal of F-Secure TOTAL subscription. During this grace period, F-Secure FREEDOME remains expired and cannot be used. You are able to activate your F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscription after the grace period is over.

If you still cannot activate F-Secure FREEDOME after 9 days, please try to uninstall the app, restart your iOS device and reinstall F-Secure FREEDOME. 

PLEASE NOTE, that the 9-day grace period also affects when you change from a previous F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscription (code, F-Secure TOTAL order) to an F-Secure TOTAL account (when you start to manage your devices with another email address and purchase).

If your F-Secure FREEDOME VPN app is already connected to another F-Secure TOTAL account, there is a log out button in the settings menu:

1. Open the F-Secure FREEDOME VPN app
    2. Click on the menu icon in the top-left corner 
    3. Go to Settings
    4. Tap Log Out

Now you should be able to activate your subscription from the Subscriptions page.

Answers

• jayviiregular
    Options

Still not working. Can I send you the "cleverbridge" transaction numbers, so you can refund my subscriptions?

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi @jayviiregular

I can see that you have a TOTAL subscription which means that you need to first install (install it afresh) Freedome VPN then go to the Subscription tab and use the "Log In" option to take the Freedome VPN subscription into use.

Please try this but if the issue persists, contact our 24/7 Support to assist you with it immediately.

• jayviiregular
    Options

Thanks,

Now the MacOS installation of SAFE worked (no infinite loop emptying the available licenses), thanks! Maybe you did something to my account?

Also: freedome iOS works after trying by mistake the logout _within the app_ (as advocated at the end of an answer about the cooling periods etc, but which I didn't read to the end cause I didn't find a Freedome subscription)

I assume now the rest of the licenses will install also (on android devices)

In the end I've only lost about 100 days of 9/10 licenses.

What's wrong with the codes you used before? They worked very smoothly.

Thanks anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info