Can set up F-Secure Internet Security on a Macbook under my current license?

IanJ
IanJ Posts: 2 Observer
edited February 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

I have a subscription to F-Secure Internet Security for 3 home computers. It's installed on 2 Windows PCs right now. My daughter now has a Macbook, so I want to set up F-Secure on it under my subscription. However I cannot find a way to download F-Secure Internet Security onto the Macbook. Is this possible? If not, can I download a different F-Secure product and activate it with my license key? Or do I need to buy a different license for the Macbook?

Thanks for any advice, Ian

Accepted Answer

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star
    Answer ✓

Dear @IanJ

Thank you for your question.

Here are the system requirements for F-Secure Internet Security:

• Windows 7 (SP1)
    • Windows 8.1*
    • Windows 10* with the latest updates installed
      • Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or higher
      • Memory requirements: 1GB or more
      • Disk space: 600 MB free disk space

As you can see above, F-Secure Internet Security is being supported only on Windows platforms.

You can, however, opt for F-Secure SAFE, which is supported on various devices, such as:

Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8.1, Windows 10, macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or later, iOS 13 or later, Android 6.0 or later.

can I download a different F-Secure product and activate it with my license key?

The license code you have is valid for a particular program, in your case it's only valid for F-Secure Internet Security so it's not possible to activate i.e. F-Secure FREEDOME or SAFE with this code.

You can also try contacting our Customer Care department to help you with your query.

I would suggest moving from Internet Security to SAFE if you wish to protect also other devices than Windows computers.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info