Duplicate Trusted Network Names Problem

Danno
Danno Posts: 41 Contributor
edited February 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Why does Freedome on MacOS list duplicate trusted networks? Is the only way to reset this is to uninstall the app?

Accepted Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Danno ,

You should be able to clear those "duplicate" networks by:

1) In trusted networks dialog, untick all of the KS1478394756_5G entries and then press "Save" button.

2) Then again open the trusted networks dialog and it should show only one unticked KS1478394756_5G. Select that and press "Save".

Answers

• [Deleted User]

Dear @Danno,

Why does Freedome on MacOS list duplicate trusted networks?

I've actually never heard about such issue before, this is how the list of trusted networks looks like in FREEDOME on my personal MacOS 11.4 machine:

I couldn't reproduce the issue, however, I will consult this with our product team. Maybe you could send me a screenshot of the described issue so that we'd have the gist of what is going on exactly?

Thank you very much for your reply.

• Danno

This is on multiple Macs. It first happened in 2018 when I lived somewhere else.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2021

Dear @Danno ,

Thank you very much for the attached screenshot, apparently it's not a known issue.

I will be consulting this with our technical department and will let you know of the findings as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and once again thanks for your input, we much appreciate that! 🙂

• [Deleted User]

Dear @Danno,

Can you please provide us with some diagnostic files from FREEDOME in order to analyze the issue?

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME VPN
    2. Click Help
    3. Click About FREEDOME
    4. Click 7 times on the version number
    5. Click Run Support Tool below (For Mac: Enter Admin Password)
    6. Click Run diagnostics
    7. Once done, click Close
    8. fsdiag.7z is now saved on your desktop. Please check my dm and follow those instructions to provide me with this file.

Thanks for your support in this matter! 🙂

• chrisjordan
    chrisjordan Posts: 3 New Member

I'd never heard of such a problem before, but here's how the list of trustworthy networks in FREEDOME looks on my MacOS 11.4 machine:

• Danno

That worked. Should have thought of trying that myself! Wonder what causes this...I have an ASUS RT-AC68U WiFi router. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info