iPhone Cannot Connect Suddenly

Danno
Danno Posts: 41 Contributor
edited November 2021 in F-Secure VPN

After disabling Freedome on my iPhone I can no longer connect to any of the servers. I have deleted the VPN Cert in settings and reinstalled the app to no avail. After uninstalling I did not not have to re-enter my subscription code.

I am on the most recent versions of concerned software. What should I try next?

Accepted Answers

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star
    Answer ✓

F-Secure FREEDOME VPN uses the IPSec VPN standard on Apple IOS devices. Some home routers have the IPSec VPN Passthrough feature disabled by default and this will make Freedome VPN unable to connect to the FREEDOME VPN Server

To solve the issue, please consult your network router documentation and follow the specific instructions for your router how to enable the IPSec VPN Passthrough feature.

• Lucaseuropa
    Answer ✓

Hey @Danno

It uses an OpenVPN protocol.

Answers

• Lucaseuropa

Hey @Danno

Please open FREEDOME on your iPhone, go to the Settings, scroll to the bottom of Settings tab and choose to "Log out".

Then try again and let me know whether it helped 🙂

• Danno

I see no Log Out option under Settings. Freedome is currently OFF bs it constantly tries to connect but fails.

• Lucaseuropa
    edited May 2021

@Danno,

is it possible to turn Protection ON when using a mobile data internet connection?

Please disable WiFi connection and turn cellular data on your iPhone and try again. Also, may I ask in which circumstances and when exactly did the described issue start to occur?

• Danno

I disabled WiFi. F-Secure connects over LTE. This occurred during a meltdown of my ASUS RT-AC68U router. I had to reload firmware after doing a hard reset. Everything is working good again except for this issue. I also use a Firewalla Blue.

• Danno
    edited May 2021

I checked NAT Passthrough. The wording makes it seem like this is for connecting from the outside which is why I didn’t enable. I just enabled IPSEC Passthrough and problem is solved. Thank you!

P.S. Why could my MacBook and Mac Mini connect with with Freedome but not iPhone?

• Lucaseuropa

Dear @Danno,

I'm glad that it works! 🙂

P.S. Why could my MacBook and Mac Mini connect with with Freedome but not iPhone?

I'm not an expert in this matter, however, MacBook or Mac Mini are both a MacOS device, meaning that F-Secure FREEDOME VPN uses a different VPN standard on them.

• Danno

What VPN protocol does MacOS Freedome use?

• Danno

Thank you for the follow up!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info