Chrome safe browser extension not work

HI~

This is I got second time the same problems,chrome safe browser extension not work ,first time I reinstall chrome then it wok.

But, second I reinstall chrome then not work (Banking Protection can work)

Accepted Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓

Hi @Bobber

The fix has been released and the ratings should appear correctly as everything is back to normal now. If you still face the issue, kindly ensure that the F-Secure Browsing Protection is enabled on your browsers extension.

Just to also emphasize that you ensure your browsers are up to date.

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi,

One exception for Jaims update: SAFE MAC is rolling out the fix for Safari on 9th of Feb.

-Cale

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I might add that there are troubles with the beta version of F-Secure SAFE too.

But based on my experience and indirectly on your description - trouble is not about extension as such, but Google Search. Is it right?

I mean, did you mean that safety rating are not visible when you try to use Google Search with Google Chrome? But what about, for example, about Bing Search / Yahoo Search or DuckDuckGo? Are ratings visible there? Also could you try to open unsafe.fstestdomain.com (should be blocked under HTTPS protocol if extension is active).

Because your words about the proper Banking Protection functioning and my brief try - perhaps the situation is a repeat of changes in the design and structure of the Google Search page. There was one recent example of a situation: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/123186/rating-icons-in-safari-disappeared#latest

Anyway, my own experience is about trouble with (partially) getting rating pictures under Google Search with any tried supported browsers. All fine with another supported search engines and the rest of F-Secure Browsing Protection functionality.

Thanks!

• KOBESAFE
    KOBESAFE Posts: 2 New Member

I used  Bing Search , it can work, so now use Bing ,maybe I should wait update !?

thank you!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I used Bing Search , it can work, so now use Bing ,maybe I should wait update !?

Yes, I think F-Secure will try to fix this as soon as possible (from time when finds out about this trouble). However, in general, you are still protected. You can just try to avoid visit unknown sites from the search engine (if to use other ones, temporarily, is not an option).

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

Google changed the search result page layout/code which rendered the rating icons inoperable. We are making a fix and releasing it in coming days. This does not affect the protection - the browsing protection still blocks pages correctly.

-Cale

• Bobber
    Bobber Posts: 5 New Member

Whats the status of this? I still have no rating icons in Google :/

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info