Freedome Subscription Claims to be Expired - Conflicting Messages - No VPN

Deano1
Deano1 Posts: 8 Observer

Freedome has stopped working on one of my devices but SAFE still works fine. Firstly, I noticed it claimed I had only 89 days left on the subscription when it should have been about 235 (until August 14 2021) so I tried "Activate". This simply caused it to stop working with the message my subscription had expired. I then logged into My F-Secure and found that device had two licenses. Thinking I may have caused a second license accidentally by trying "Activate" I released both licenses, uninstalled Freedome then reinstalled it through my F-Secure. But it still claims to be expired. Restarting the computer didn't help.

When I logged out of, then back into my F-Secure, it showed Freedome was subscribed until August 14 2021 on that device and all other devices but the Freedome window claimed it had expired.

When closing the Freedome window the pop up message claimed it was still running so I did a check on What is my IP Address? and it showed I had no VPN. I tried deleting the desktop icon, locating the current installation of Freedome in my Windows program files and running it from there but it was the same - claims it's expired.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Deano1

It is likely that you've had an expired F-Secure Freedome VPN subscription on that device before, hence you have to log out first then activate the new Freedome from your new TOTAL subscription.

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME VPN
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Scroll to the bottom and click on Log Out
    4. Select Subscription tab
    5. Select Activate Subscription
    6. Select on Log in 
    7. Login with My F-Secure details
    8. Name your device and accept the activation 

Let's know if this helps.

• Deano1

Hi Jaims,

No - I tried that but it remains Expired. Checking in 'my F-Secure' shows it to be subscribed and active. Checking a site that reveals your ISP shows I still have no VPN protection even though when I close the Freedome window a pop up claims Freedome is still running - which makes me wonder how reliable Freedome's other notifications are.

• Jaims

Hi @Deano1

Since Freedome VPN subscription is not running and active on the said device, then there is no encryption which is why you can still see your IP. Kindly share the screenshot of your Freedome VPN Settings and the Subscription tabs so we could check the status and why it cannot be activated. Please remember to blur any personal details, if any.

Except another email address was used to login, the current email used on this platform has an active TOTAL subscription, therefore the subscription should be work.

You currently have 4 licenses used so far on 4 devices. Kindly login to your My F-Secure portal, Freedome apps, to confirm this and release any duplicate license or if this affected device is listed, do release the device and try to activate the subscription again.

• Deano1

Hi Jaims,

as you say, I have 4 licenses currently used for Freedome. Currently, two of those are for the device on which they refuse to run as I eventually tried using 2 different names as an experiment in case it threw up an error which might help find the problem. Until then I had only used 1 license on that device of course.

Several times I have tried releasing the Freedome licenses, uninstalling them, clearing cookies, restarting the device then installing them fresh from within my F-Secure. Each time, F-Secure seems happy that it's licensed, but the actual app refuses to run on one specific device. The same device uses SAFE anti-virus which is licensed and running fine.

I tested a free VPN just to make sure there wasn't some sort of blocking but that runs fine and sites that show your ISP prove they work on that device.

• Jaims

Hi @Deano1

Thank you for the update.

If you don't mind, please come on our Live Chat so an agent can assist you remotely, if you agree, and try to get it fixed for you. If all goes well, this should not take time at all. Live Chat is available 24/7 so you can choose whenever pleases you.

Looking forward to having you and I will keep an eye on your ticket.

• Deano1

Today is Christmas Day so I wouldn't expect anyone to be available on the Live Chat app, but honestly I find during normal hours the chat facility is almost never available. Currently, I am trying a 1 month subscription to another VPN service to cover me while Freedome stubbornly resists installation. I'm also worried that the same thing could happen to my SAFE subscription so I've tried a different internet security program. They are both from different vendors and I have to confess, their support and help is far better than F-Secure.

Such a shame to see F-Secure - a once great business with great products, going this way.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info