F-secure Freedome and Talktalk supersafe by F-secure

Geheppo412
Geheppo412 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi guys ,

I am new here and would like to ask a question about F-secure FREEDOME & TalkTalk super safe provided by F-Secure as I am a TalkTalk customer.

I signed up to F-Secure Freedome for a full subscription in July after trying it on the trial version and found it to be or seemed to be a good VPN Service but since I have been using it for some 3 months now I have found that my internet connection speed has appeared to slow down and in some cases drops off .

When I check my connection on my laptop it shows 2 connections, my Talktalk router internet access and freedome VPN connection internet access , is this normal or should I be seeing just one connection.

I also have Freedome VPN on 3 more devices which when I access the internet on they do not show two connections like my laptop

Is there anything that I could do or is it possible to add the VPN to my router as a separate access point, I have attached a screen shot of my wifi connection from my laptop to show the connections

Accepted Answer

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited October 2020

Hi @Geheppo412

Have you tried to change different virtual location and check the internet speed? because the distance between your location and a VPN server is one of the key factors determining the Internet speed. For example, if you’re in the UK and you’re connecting to a server in Australia, it is a substantial distance for a data packet to travel. So the nearer a server is located, the faster the Internet speed will be.

You can refer to this KB article for more information about this subject.

If the issue still remain, and the connection speed for some reason would crawl to a halt, you can try these following steps:

Attempting to reset Winsock and IP stack may resolve the problem.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes
    2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
    • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

Its normal that shows 2 connections in Network status when Freedome is running for windows machine. Is you other 3 devices running windows machine or smartphone?

• Geheppo412

Hi Sethu,

Thaks for the info I will take a look at what you have suggested and get back to you

My other devices are a Samsung J400 F/DS smartphone and a Samsung Tab A SM-T580 and the 3rd is my wife's Samsung Tab A tablet which don't show 2 connections like my laptop !

Thanks again for the info I will give it a try

• Geheppo412

Hi Again Sethu,

I did what you suggested and it did seem to speed up my internet connection but still not a fast as it is without FREEDOME connection !

Check out the attachments I have attached to this post ; the 1st one shows Network Speed Checker from Microsoft Store and the makers so the difference in speeds the red marker being without FREEDOME connection an the 2 green markers are with FREEDOME connected

The next two attachments are checked with TalkTalk's own speed checker first without FREEDOME connected and the second with it connected

What do you think, any suggestion would be gratefully appreciated

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info