How to uninstall F-S TP 17.2 from Android 4

I got an older phone where I have installed F-S TP 17.2 some time ago. That phone is removed from the list of my devices in the beta project. How do I uninstall F-S TP from the phone? WHen I try to do that I get

In the Device administrators screen I can try remove the check mark to make F-S Projection not active, but I cannot uninstall it.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

If your topic is still actual.

In the Device administrators screen I can try remove the check mark to make F-S Projection not active, but I cannot uninstall it.

I think that expected view is something like:

• you 'remove the check mark' on Device administrators screen.
    • then uninstallation proceeded. OR should be possible to try uninstall it then.

Did you mean that even if FS Protection is not listed as "Device administrator' - it is impossible to uninstall?

Thanks!

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Thanks Ukko. I do not use the device so I have just let it be like it is.

This is what I got after installing another malware product.

ClickRemove

Then get this

Click Manage device administrators

Uncheck FS Protection

Go to App properties

Force Stop and Uninstall still greyed out.

What else to try.

• Ukko

Hello,

So, strange a bit situation. Actually, I am not sure what can be a trouble there - I can not to check with my Android 4.2(?) device on current hour.

But what is strange on your screenshots:

• after "Click Manage device administrators" - FS Protection with checkmark (activated so).
    • but after "Uncheck FS Protection" - where screen with two options, there is "activate" instead of disabled. Is it really like that? Or just wrong screenshot? Since if FS Protection with checkmark (already device administrator) - then - there should not be "activate" option. Or it will activate it and then "Go to App properties" with expected greyed out options.

Maybe you could try to do steps not via another solution, but just to visit Android settings and check list of Administrators, then uncheck it via disable and to try uninstall FS Protection then. However, it should not make difference and steps via another application is about definitely exact system-provided flow.

Another point is what if your FS Protection with active kids profile? If so - it is not possible to uninstall before switching to adult profile. But if so - try to uninstall it should be prevented and overplaced by F-Secure notification screen about attempt (maybe bypassed there since of flow via another application).

Thanks!

• martink

Thanks Ukko.

No luck. No kid profiles on the device.

The behaviour in the Device Administrators is that F-Secure is always checked. When I click it open the options are

every second time Cancel - Ativate and every second time Cancel - Decativate

No matter what I click it always stays checked.

I recon until I get it unchecked it cannot be uninstalled.

Is there and F-Secure uninstaller for Android like there is for Windows.

• Ukko
    edited June 2020

Hello,

Is there and F-Secure uninstaller for Android like there is for Windows.

I did not remember any, actually. Maybe Support (or Android team) can to provide something privately.

However, sounds that something is broken with device functionality (?!). I checked with my device (Android 4.4.2 probably) and check/uncheck FS Protection as Device Administrator was successful. But my installation already with expired license (device is deleted from portal). So, maybe you could try to check this way - to remove device from My FS Protection portal (if is not already); to use Network connection on device; to try uninstall it with 'expected' flow;

Then to look into possibility to uninstall it after 'deactivate' even with still checkmark there. I am not so friendly with Android platform,  but after brief search (application always with 'checkmark' under Device Administrator) - nothing is applied to FS Protection probably (there were 'preinstalled', 'connected to other apps', 'multiple accounts on device' and so on discussions).

Maybe this option is somewhat locked via functionality that used (in use/attached/pinned to something else).

Thanks!

• martink

Thanks Ukko

I think it could something corrupted.

I have already removed that device from my account before trying to uninstall.

There are other uninstallers for Android like Revo. At the end of the day I could try those.

Restoring factory defaults should also do the trick.

For now this can be left unresolved.

This discussion has been closed.