Freedome disconnects all internet traffic on MS Surface Win10

Mindfulsnow
Mindfulsnow Posts: 4 New Member

Hi,

I upgraded to F-Secure Total and at the same time Freedome was updated on my Surface as well. After that I cannot connect to any internet services but by switching off the VPN. Very well protected so to say.

I noticed about the Killswitch issue, I have that enabled. I have tried uninstall/reinstall, no change.

I'm really disappointed about the product not fulfilling what it is promised to do.

The Freedome version I use is 2.28.5979.0.

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Mindfulsnow 

We can understand your disappointment and apologize for the inconvenience. By default, the kill switch feature is disabled/ turned OFF for Freedome on windows 10 machine. If you are enabling the Kill Switch manually that should block network traffic even if the reconnection attempts are unsuccessful and chances are you’re not connected to your network and can’t get onto the internet.

Please refer this KB article to know more about what the Kill Switch feature does.

If the issue still reproduce even after disabling the Kill Switch, please have a look this KB article and try adding the required port on your home router. You can also find the required port is already opened on your home network. To do so, open your browser and use this portchecker website then enter the port number one by one to check.

• Mindfulsnow

Hi,

Kill switch was  enabled in my version. I did not change the settings before I run into prolems. However, disabling the feature didn't help. I uninstalled Freedome twice before I got it up and runnig. I also released the license. Now it seems evetually to work and I'm able to connect to internet. Also the NAS is  discovered on Surface now.

I'm still disappointed about the product. A packaged product is generally considered to be working when installed, but not in this case. Are you not testing the product on devices and operating systems you offer it to?

• Sethu

Hello @Mindfulsnow 

Glad to know that you have managed to solve the issue. There are some basic troubleshoot we ask our customer to perform on affected machine to see if  that solve the issue. i.e disabling browser proxy, check port number, clear DNS cache, sometime that the faulty DNS settings can cause issues connecting to the internet after connecting to a VPN server. It would be easier for us to check exact issue if we analysis the diagnostic report.

We have tested that F-Secure Freedome can be installed on Windows Surface devices if the device is using a normal Windows 10. Freedome does not support only with RT or the S versions of Windows.

• Mindfulsnow

Hi,

Again I ran into this same problem, Freedome disconnected all internet traffic when I swithced on Surface this morning. Nothing worked, it did not connect to the router but created an error message that there is no internet connection. I got it workin when I uninstalled Freedome and installed it again. It can't just be like you have to uninstall / install the software every time you switch on the computer!

• Sethu

Hello @Mindfulsnow 

Apologize again for the inconvenience regarding Freedome blocking internet, we need to analyse the logfile that can help us to identify an exact root causes. Please contact our F-Secure Support for further investigation.

• Mindfulsnow

Hi,

The problem still persists. It works for some days, then again starts trying to connect and blocks all internet connections. 

I have been in contact with your support team and sent them log files. No solution has been provided yet.

• Sethu

Hello @Mindfulsnow 

I will ask the case owner to response you as quick as possible. Apologize once again for the inconvenience caused in this regards.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info