Snooze - the product inactivates several times a day!

Hi!

I have an issue with my "F-secure SAFE"! It inactivates several times a day when I surf! How do one solve this (I activates ofc ourse immediately again when the message turns up - but it takes just an hour or two then the issue is back.)

I use Windows 10, version 1809.

Greetings from Mikael in Sweden!

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

When you say it "inactivates", what exactly happens?  Do you get any alerts or error messages?  Does this happen as a result of doing something else, such as opening a particular program or website?

• Mikethepike
    Mikethepike Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Simon!

It happens when I use the laptop/laptops and is seemingly random. I use "Office 365" much and listening to "Spotify" and or are using "Adobe Acrobat". I very often have a webpage (mostly "ArXiv.org" and some other safe page with articles on it) or two up - but always safe pages. And I use 3 laptops at the same time and the "timeout" for my "F-secure SAFE" occurs at the same time exactly on all 3 devices! When I press on the app to find out whats going on it states that my computer is safe. (The inactivation messages occurs through MS alertsystems. It's not an error message - it's just an alert that my "F-secure SAFE" is in "snooze" and have to be activated.

Hope you have some solutions!

Most kindly regards and greetings from Mikael in Sweden!

• Simon

I'm afraid I don't have any solutions myself, as I've not heard of that happening before.  The only thing I can think of is perhaps it might be something to do with a sleep / power setting on one or all of the devices.  

What I would suggest, if nobody else comes up with anything here, would be to contact F-Secure support and see if they can help.

Contact Support by Phone or Chat

• Mikethepike
    Mikethepike Posts: 3 New Member

Thank you Simon! 

And thank's also for the link! I will chat with support later this week. Right now I am busy with preparing for a lecture I will in Artificial Intelligence on Wednesday. And running out of time...

I can think that it could be that this alarm and turning off the "F-secure" - from MS OS - is due to some trouble with version 1809 that have been detected. I have indications from users of other antivirus programmes that there are a similar issues there - and that it's "Window Defender" that is the cause for it... ("F-secure" -dont this antivirus use the firewall in Defender?!)

Very best greeting's (and thanks for your time) from Mike in Sweden!

• Simon

Common advice has always been to disable Windows Defender, as it is likely to conflict with FS.  I believe Windows firewall is separate to Windows Defender.  That may indeed be the cause of your problems.

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

@Mikethepike wrote:

Thank you Simon! 

And thank's also for the link! I will chat with support later this week. Right now I am busy with preparing for a lecture I will in Artificial Intelligence on Wednesday. And running out of time...

I can think that it could be that this alarm and turning off the "F-secure" - from MS OS - is due to some trouble with version 1809 that have been detected. I have indications from users of other antivirus programmes that there are a similar issues there - and that it's "Window Defender" that is the cause for it... ("F-secure" -dont this antivirus use the firewall in Defender?!)

Very best greeting's (and thanks for your time) from Mike in Sweden!

Hey,

I think the cause and effect may be wrong way around here. Windows Defender these days activates if it doesn't detect other active antivirus programs running on the machine. You shouldn't turn Windows Defender off if this happens since it may leave your machine at least temporarily without any protection at all depending on whether the cause is that F-Secure product actually is malfunctioning. I do recommend contacting support to get to the bottom of the issue though if you already haven't.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info