For KEY - make it possible to paste in URLs, emails and passwords from other sources

GaryHorn
GaryHorn Posts: 7 Observer
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests

It would be convenient if KEY allowed us to paste in text from other sources.

Thank you!

Gary

0 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Gary, thanks for your suggestion!

I will forward this to Product Management, and in the mean time, Community Members can Kudo this to "vote" on their favorite ideas Smiley Wink

// Chrissy

• [Deleted User]

Hi Gary,

Could you tell more about your use case: which device are you using and example of the task you are trying to accomplish? I didn't yet fully understand what is the source of data and target of the paste. As this varies a little between devices (iOS, Android, OS X and Win) knowing more helps to analyze further.

Thanks,

Juha

• GaryHorn

Hi Juha,

I have the KEY client installed on my Windows XP machine.  I have a list of URLs, User IDs and Passwords stored on a Microsoft Word document.  I would like to copy the URLs, User IDs and Passwords from the Word document and paste them into the appropriate fields in the KEY "Add New" fields.

Does that help?

• [Deleted User]

Oh yes, I think I see what you go after. You select text in Word, open Edit window menu and select Copy to have it on clipboard. Then you move to Key, focus on the specific input and don't have means to do Paste operation. Is this correct?

If so, it is true that we are missing the "Edit -> Paste" from window drop down menus.

What you can do is do the copy as before. Go to Key and focus to the field where you want to paste, then press Ctrl+V buttons, that completes the Paste operation shortcut.

Does this complete what you were trying to achieve?

• GaryHorn

Hello Juha,

Yes this is what I was trying to achieve.  Thank you for explaining it to me.

Of course, it would be nice to be able to "right-click" and paste, but it's good to know that I can copy and paste in the method you describe.

Thank you!

• snapch23
    snapch23 Posts: 1 New Member

I have found some snapchat hacks here just want to confirm if they are real.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @GaryHorn ,

This feature is already made available.

This discussion has been closed.