F-Secure blocking iTunes

Simon
Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I am tearing my hair out trying to solve this problem.  It seems that FSIS is blocking my iTunes access to the internet.  iTunes will not connect to the Store, will not check for updates, will not access the Gracenote database to download CD information, and usually crashes whenever this is attempted.  As far as I can see, iTunes is 'Allowed' in the FSIS applications list, and I have also go through and manually allowed any other iTunes components I can find.

This all started with the upgrade to iTunes 10.6, and it took me ages to work out what the problem could be, but upon uninstalling FSIS, iTunes worked perfectly, so I can only assume that one or the other (or a conflict of both), is causing the issue.

I am about to uninstall FSIS for a second time, and test another security product, but I don't really want to leave F-Secure, as I have been using their products since 2006.  Can somebody please help?

Regards,

Simon.

F-Secure Launch pad 1.49 build 439

CCF Agent 1.49 release build 157
CCF CUIF 10.01 build 30530
CCF DAAS2 1.10 build 255
CCF Automatic Update Agent 1.05 build 961
CCF Upstream 1.1 build 30413
CCF Diagnostics 8.00 build 17565
CCF Network 1.02 build 106

Comments

• Simon
    Hi Jayson, and thanks for your reply.

If there is a known fix for this issue, can I not just be given it to apply myself? I have already removed FSIS from my computer, as I needed to get iTunes working. To create the diagnostic file, I will need to remove the security application that I have now installed, in order to reinstall F-Secure just to do the FSDIAG, and then go through the whole process of swapping over the security softwares again. If I have to do this, then I will, but if there is an easier way, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Simon.
  • Hexo
    Hexo Posts: 240 Active Engager

i am using the latest Version of Itunes and i can use the shop without any problem....

• Simon

Hi Jayson,

Thank you for your attention to this matter,  The support team have got back to me with the fix, which seems to have resolved one part of the problem, in that iTunes will now connect to the Internet.

A secondary issue still exists, however, in that when I start iTunes, my Internet connection (web and email) slows right down, and this is only cured by a reboot, upon which, the connection is fine until I start iTunes up again.  I realise that I didn't mention this before, but I had assumed that the two issues were connected, and that the fix would remedy both.  Is this subsequent issue something to do with FSIS also, or do you think this is this a separate iTunes problem?

I have also replied to the support ticket, asking the same.

Regards,

Simon.

• Simon

I am pleased to report that Tech Support seem to have resolved this issue, with a temporary fix, pending the next FSIS software update.

Thanks, once again, Jayson, for your help.

Regards,

Simon.

• iPhoneCop
    iPhoneCop Posts: 1

I am having a similar issue.  Itunes home sharing is constantly blocked by F-Secure.  I can access the store, I can use every other feature of iTunes but home sharing is blocked.  Please fix this.

• tetrapackage
    tetrapackage Posts: 12 Observer

I have the similar case. Is there a way to allow the iTunes home sharing feature temporarily? image

• Simon

Although F-Secure initially managed to resolve my problem with iTunes, the issue kept resurfacing with each update of the Online Safety component.  Couple with this was another issue of my licence key having to be reset when I used the FS Uninstallation Tool to remove and reinstall FSIS, following instructions from the support team.  Unfortunately, when this happened a second time, I had to resort to switching to another security product, as I really didn't have the time to mess about with FSIS any longer, having already spent several weeks trying to resolve the iTunes issue.  Since installing Bit Defender IS, I have had no problems with iTunes, and no other connectivity issues.

Whilst I am disappointed that this problem could not be resolved, and am frustrated with the licensing issue, when using the uninstallation tool, I will be trying FSIS 2013 when it comes out, in the hope that with a new build, all issues will have been taken care of.

• klauzser
    klauzser Posts: 32 Observer

Just wondering if it is possible to have your F-Secure ignore the iTunes software and let it access without getting any warnings.. image

• Bec
    Bec Posts: 1

I'm having a similar issue.  I can't download itunes at all!  What can I do to fix this other than uninstalling F-Secure? 

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Bec,

This thread is close to a year old, you are possibly facing a different issue.

Did you contact our support as previously mentioned so that we would be able to help you?

Please provide directly a screenshot of the error encountered and a fsdiag to speed up the support process.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info