Kindle Fire & Mobile Security

Hi all,

I tried search and didn't find anything so thought I'd ask if anyone had tried Mobile Security on the Fire, or on any other android tablets?  Most of what I see is about Android phones...

Certainly a screaming need in the marketplace if F-secure can make it work or if a side-loaded version would function on the Fire's 2.3 Android variant.

thanks,

Rob.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi RobK,

The Kindle Fire is running a customized Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS. The software API is basically the same for all devices using the same version of the Android 2.3 operating system. If the tablet is running a supported OS, but is not listed in the supported models list, it is very probable that the corresponding version of application will install and work with your device.

The supported models are the devices that we have tested. If you wish, you can test the application with your device, even if it is not supported. But we do not encourage this and take no responsibility of any data loss. If you do test it, remember to back up your data as you might end up doing a hard reset.

The trial version of Mobile Security can be found here.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jayson

• firionicable
    firionicable Posts: 24 Explorer

I would like to know if this trial version is still available today? Thanks.  image

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi firionicable,

Yes, the 30-days trial for F-Secure Mobile Security is available.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info