linux client planned?

Champion

Re: linux client planned?

Hi Pootis,

No change on that front, we still have no plans to release a Linux client for the moment, this may or may not change in the future.

Thanks

Hailan

Scholar

I wouldn't have much trust in a VPN service that requires installation of a dedicated proprietary client (spy ?). Most GNU/Linux systems handle VPN connexions out-of-the-box. So there is indeed no point in developping such a thing, but rather giving out connexion parameters.

Novice

I was a Windows 10 user until 3 days ago, but never going back!  I am now using Ubuntu 15.04 and did not check on my VPN client before switching!  I'm very disappointd you do not support Linux.  I hope it is in the near future since there are billions of Linux users out there!

Novice

I'd also really love linux client.

Now I have to use something else for now.

Aspirant

Hello!

@ F-Secure: please develop the Linux client for FreedomeVPN, i dont buy multi license when i cannot use it for my desktop computer!

thanks in advance!

Novice

I had the same situ and disappointment. Keep in mind, F-Secure andLinux both come from the same place - Helsinki, Finland. This makes me think that maybe mr Torvalds has opened his nasty mouth in a correct moment for the right perseon...

Novice

I would vote for +1 to the linux client. It's really needed and you F-Secure cannot really be only thinking of those who use Windows.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Thank you for all your feedback. It is forwarded to the product team. 

There is however currently still no plan for a Linux version.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

I would be interested in a GNU/Linux client as well.

Aspirant

Can I join the band asking for a Linux version to be developed?

I have finally decided to abandon Windows in favour of Linux for daily use, but I can't carry Freedome over.

I could well use another VPN and I might end up having to do just that, but I trust F-secure enough to want to stick with your products!