OpenGL Hyper-V Error

Scholar

OpenGL Hyper-V Error

I'm trying to run Freedome on a Hyper-V machine that is running on Windows Server 2012 . The Hyper-V machine is running Windows 7. I found on another thread that I need to use an older version of Freedome, but I can't find a place to dowload it or which version is best for my software. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: OpenGL Hyper-V Error

Hi BenAnders,

Regarding Hyper-V and Freedome, we don't officially support virtual environments.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
5 REPLIES 5
Superuser

Viite: OpenGL Hyper-V Error

Hej BenAnders

Hyper V is Windows server.
Freedome is app for phones, tablets and computers.
I am not sure about servers.
OpenGL is error message meaning likely: missing driver.
F-Secure has protection service for business, too.
And here in Community is forum: business security.
That could be the right place for your matter.

Näsäviisas (Näsvis)
Superuser

Hello,

About this part of your ask:

I found on another thread that I need to use an older version of Freedome, but I can't find a place to dowload it or which version is best for my software. Any ideas?

You do able to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

And ask them about 'related' build;

Other possibilities -> your friends with 'certain' build under 'download'-folders as their own archive; Or any 'strange' not official websites.

With this topic was noted that usually Support will provide '1.0.2352.0'-build (but I not sure about your experience and technical possibilities about running Freedome - if there is something else);

Thanks!

Scholar

Here's a screenshot of the error I receive. opengl error for f-secure.jpg

Superuser

@BenAnders wrote:

Here's a screenshot of the error I receive. opengl error for f-secure.jpg

Hello,

I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions). Only as unofficial suggestions.

So if not possible to update 'video card drivers' or by some steps add support for OpenGL (2) -> good to contact F-Secure Support (or search for Freedome build "1.0.2352.0" - where was not required OpenGL2 support);

Based on Google Search -> Hyper-V VMs was with troubles about "OpenGL" higher than certain version (1.1?!); Not sure about current state. But if "Hyper-V" virtual systems with abilities to support OpenGL -> maybe good to re-check - what if possible to tweak/update system's drivers (or configuration for VM);

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi BenAnders,

Regarding Hyper-V and Freedome, we don't officially support virtual environments.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.