Man in the middle attack?

AF6
Novice

Man in the middle attack?

Today I received a pop up on my iPhone 7 Plus stating that “Freedome would like to add vpn configurations” “All network activity on this iPhone may be filtered or monitored when using VPN.” Choice of allow or don’t allow. I  did not choose either and shut down my phone. After restarting It kept popping up preventing use of my phone. I finally got into settings and disabled notifications. My phone has been wiped of Freedome settings and has no protection. Why is this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Man in the middle attack?

Hi AF6,

This is a normal notification from the iOS operating system when Freedome (or any other VPN) adds its VPN configuration profile. iOS notifies the user about this, as this would be a way for a malicious app to take over the network traffic. If the user doesn’t allow this, Freedome won’t work.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hi AF6,

This post here is also similar to your description.

May I know if you are using the beta version? Or is this the regular Freedome you are referring to? Was it the recent version?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

It is not the beta version. It is the latest version 2.7.8  I am using a temporary vpn until this is resolved.

Community Manager

Hi AF6,

This is a normal notification from the iOS operating system when Freedome (or any other VPN) adds its VPN configuration profile. iOS notifies the user about this, as this would be a way for a malicious app to take over the network traffic. If the user doesn’t allow this, Freedome won’t work.