cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garmin Connect activity not being displayed when Freedome is turned on

Highlighted
Aspirant

Garmin Connect activity not being displayed when Freedome is turned on

This was working for months or even longer but maybe since late last week when I try to open an activity in Garmin Connect (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/) the activity itself is blank. Trying Chrome, Firefoy and Edge - it works when Freedome is turned off. Just before Chrome displays the almost empty page I can see "Resolving host..." in the status bar.

Digging deeper using Firefox and "NoScript" I might have found out the host that is not being connected: baidu.com - if I deny baidu.com in "NoScript" and disable Freedome the behaviour is the same (almost empty page). Furthermore if I enable Freedome and try www.baidu.com in a web browser I get "ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED".

Is there a reason why Freedome blocks the resolution of baidu.com?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Windows 10 (1803 build 17134.167)

Freedome 2.18.5493.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Garmin Connect activity not being displayed when Freedome is turned on

UPDATE:

Garmin seem to have removed baidu.com from their web portal hence everything is working fine again.

And since I couldn't care less about Freedome being able to resolve baidu.com at this moment I'll close this thread...

Thanks everyone involved in this!

5 REPLIES 5
F-Secure Employee

Hi Bembel,

Welcome to F-Secure Community!

Does this issue happen irrespective of any location connected or only when connected to a certain location?

Is this a first time installation of Freedome and the issue pop-uped? Or was there any upgrade which triggered this issue?

Drop me a line if I can do anything else for you

Thank you

Aspirant

Dear Pavitra,

I just tried to get the activities of today's morning run from Garmin Connect using these sites for Freedome:

Germany, Finnland, United Kingdom, HongKong and United States

For none of the sites any activity showed up, I needed to disable Freedome to get to the activity and be able to download the TCX file for further use.

Didn't want to waste time to try all sites as I am pretty sure all of them will show the same effect.

So what's next?

EDIT:

Sorry, I dodn't answer all of your questions:

- I have been using Freedome for a few years now (on this machine and many others)

- Freedome was installed on this machine since the beginning, the issue first appeared a few days ago, it was working perfectly last (not sure though if Garmin added baidu.com or F-Secure started to block baidu.com)

- as far as I know Freedome wasn't upgraded on this machine, last weeks some Microsoft Updates were installed but as turning off Freedome does the trick these probably aren't to blame

F-Secure Employee

Hi Bembel,

I apologize for the experience you've had with Freedome. I would reccommend you to contact our Support Team via Chat or Phone here so this issue can be investigated further.

Thank you

Aspirant

UPDATE:

Garmin seem to have removed baidu.com from their web portal hence everything is working fine again.

And since I couldn't care less about Freedome being able to resolve baidu.com at this moment I'll close this thread...

Thanks everyone involved in this!

F-Secure Employee

Hi Bembel,

Thank you for the update. Glad to know you got the issue resolved.