Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedome drops internet speed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Aspirant

Freedome drops internet speed

I have very similar problems with Freedome. Most though, it drops my internet speed by 90% or more. Sorry to say, I have tried different networks, different router, different modem and different virtual locations, all without any improvement. Usually I will get a notice from that my browser is unable to connect. This us not what I paid for.

EDIT: Title

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Freedome blocking internet access

I contacted customer support, via the “chat” option, and worked with “Zul”

(shades of Ghost Busters perhaps?). At their suggestion, I shifted virtual server sites from one inside the US to Vancouver, BC and the improvement was instantaneous!  My data rate improved by a factor of 7 and connectivity was stable, without drop outs or alerts from Safari, telling me it can’t connect due to poor signal quality.  I was hesitant in shifting my VPN to a site outside of the US due using apps to connect to financial institutions that require me to be in the US to conduct business. 

Will have to wait a few weeks to see how it works out. 

5 REPLIES
Aspirant

I am sorry, I’ve forgotten to include my OS.  I am using iOS 11.2.2. The performance did not change noticeably before this update til after. Still extremely unsatisfactory as far as choking my internet performance from 100+Mbps down to 9Mbps.

Any suggestions to correct or improve this?

Community Manager

Hi 1Unhappy_User,

Please get in touch with our support team via chat or phone in order to troubleshoot this issue further. You can reach them via here.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

I contacted customer support, via the “chat” option, and worked with “Zul”

(shades of Ghost Busters perhaps?). At their suggestion, I shifted virtual server sites from one inside the US to Vancouver, BC and the improvement was instantaneous!  My data rate improved by a factor of 7 and connectivity was stable, without drop outs or alerts from Safari, telling me it can’t connect due to poor signal quality.  I was hesitant in shifting my VPN to a site outside of the US due using apps to connect to financial institutions that require me to be in the US to conduct business. 

Will have to wait a few weeks to see how it works out. 

Aspirant

Re: Freedome blocking internet access UPDATE 2/12/2018

Not quite a week but, so far so good. My internet speed has been consistently above 60Mbps regardless of which virtual site in North America I have selected.

I no longer have timeouts/dropout or failure to connect alerts. I am able to

stream video like normal. 

Very quick response & excellent attitude by those I worked with. Their responses made sense & were easy to follow. Plus, they worked! I am no longer an Unhappy user.

Thank you & regards,

Community Manager

Re: Freedome blocking internet access UPDATE 2/12/2018

Glad to hear about the feedback and also to know about the issue resolution, 1Unhappy_User!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.