cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general question regarding FireWall ... and Windows

Highlighted
Aspirant

general question regarding FireWall ... and Windows

I recently had to troubleshoot my network settings and was informed that there might be an issue with Windows FireWall.

My question, does F-Secure handle the firewall settings from within F-Secure or does it use Windows FireWall.

Do I turn off Windows FireWall and let F-Secure handle the firewall ... or not?

Thanks in advance, Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: general question regarding FireWall ... and Windows

Hello,

Current stable F-Secure home solutions (F-Secure SAFE for Windows, F-Secure Internet Security) are designed to work with Windows Firewall.

In general, it use Windows Firewall.

And you should not turn off Windows Firewall - because entire "firewall"-functionality will be disabled. Otherwise - possible to replace it by third-party firewall (but with tune ups and tweaks).

There is proper explanation (F-Secure Online Documentation):

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/safe-windows/latest/en/concept_086A6949CEDA4EE0ACE2F2788...

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). Maybe with your experience: there are options to change some Windows Firewall rules or configuration for expected work-state (if something wrong with it).

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Superuser

Hello,

Current stable F-Secure home solutions (F-Secure SAFE for Windows, F-Secure Internet Security) are designed to work with Windows Firewall.

In general, it use Windows Firewall.

And you should not turn off Windows Firewall - because entire "firewall"-functionality will be disabled. Otherwise - possible to replace it by third-party firewall (but with tune ups and tweaks).

There is proper explanation (F-Secure Online Documentation):

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/safe-windows/latest/en/concept_086A6949CEDA4EE0ACE2F2788...

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). Maybe with your experience: there are options to change some Windows Firewall rules or configuration for expected work-state (if something wrong with it).

Thanks!

Aspirant

Ukko, thanks for the reply!

All the best, Dave