browsing protection and poor performance problem

IE9 keeps nagging me that Browsing Protection slows it down! Smiley Sad

7 REPLIES 7
Supporter

Re: browsing protection and poor performance problem

Browsing protection toolbar in IE9 shows
web page filter is off
time limits are off

but I can find nowhere what these are.  What is the web page filter and what are time limits?  Should I have them turned on?  Thanks for any help

Supporter

This bothers me as well.  I've told Microsoft I want the browsing protection on from F Secure and would like to be able to turn off that warning that keeps popping up and has to be x'd out.  Certainly if I didn't want an add on I would delete it, Microsoft has gone nuts on this.  They are afraid other browsers are going to beat them time wise, but I use IE because I get the warnings from F Secure and can't get them on Google Chrome

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Web page filter and Time limits are features belong to Online Safety (Parental control that protects your children online. For more information please click here - Using the Internet safely). You may leave it turn off if you do not need those features.

For steps to enable or disable Add-ons in Internet Explorer 9 kindly click on the link here.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Gary

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Supporter

Thank you Gary.  I'm new at this and had no idea, this was very helpful

Supporter

The problem is that every time IE is launched, it nags that F-Secure is slowing it down and recommends disabling browsing protection.

Supporter

Do you plan on fixing this sometime in the future? Its annoying that every single time IE is launched, it nags about F-Secure slowing it down, and of course that it slows down browsing isnt nice either.

I believe they are currently looking on this and hopefully it gets listed in the next release.