Unable to start a scan

Novice

Unable to start a scan

I am unable to ssart a scan and I get the undernoted message:

"Could not start a scan".

PC also saying that virus and spyware protection malfunction.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Russell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: Unable to start a scan

Do you have any other security software on the machine which may be conflicting with F-Secure? If so, this will need to be fully removed for F-Secure to function correctly.

If not, then I would suggest a simple first step of re-booting the computer, and see if that cures the problem.

My second suggestion would be to reinstall your F-Secure product, and see if that fixes things.

If that doesn't help, then we will need some further information, such as which F-Secure product you are using, and on which OS.
1 REPLY 1
Superuser

Re: Unable to start a scan

Do you have any other security software on the machine which may be conflicting with F-Secure? If so, this will need to be fully removed for F-Secure to function correctly.

If not, then I would suggest a simple first step of re-booting the computer, and see if that cures the problem.

My second suggestion would be to reinstall your F-Secure product, and see if that fixes things.

If that doesn't help, then we will need some further information, such as which F-Secure product you are using, and on which OS.