Too many products, not enough description

Aspirant

Too many products, not enough description

I have used Internet Security for many years. But I am totally confused with the multiple products on offer. Some seem to be the same with a different name (for example F-Secure Safe is the same as Internet Security), some seem to be collections of products, some seem to require to be managed through the fsecure website. A right mess. 

The Help Forum and FAQs are not clear on this.

The product selector is useless. It give no information about each product (https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/product-selector).

The All Products page at https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/products also has no details. 

Is it asking too much of F-Secure to have a nice simple table prominently on the website that shows which product has which features? I am so confused that I think I will switch to another product.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Too many products, not enough description

Hi @TimBlx,

As mentioned in my previous post, we have updated our KB article with a comparison table for our consumer products. Please find the article here.

Hope this helps with your query. If you have any feedbacks, please do let me know.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
7 REPLIES 7
A2J
Aspirant

Hello,

I will try to assist you with your query. From the research I have conducted, SAFE can be installed on all devices, including IOS and MAC OS, whereas F-Secure Internet Secuirty is restricted to Windows, Andtroid and MAC OS. Overall, protetction wise, both products are the same, but if you need F-Secure on all platforms, you should get SAFE. I would recommend Internet Secuirty as it's cheaper and the protection is the same. Secondly, you can visit the following website, it states test results conducted on products: https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/

Highlighted
Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

I also just as F-Secure user, but decided to add there my opinion/suggestion or understanding about F-Secure solutions.

Also if I normally remember - previously - there was "table" about "which feature have each solution" (quite good probably, but as usually with another companies too, more like "promo") - but it was also not helpful for number of users anyway.  Under the community was ask-words about the related troubles of choose.

Decision based on your reasons and dreams about (most of them can be covered by "product selector" - because there is some kind of special features can be just with some of solutions).

What about current situation (as feature "product selector", which probably give normal response - but usually will suggested F-Secure SAFE, where can be another solution too) and if you do not mean "list of all features, which F-Secure have" (usually this is basic and important, which can be with most of companies; But also on current days - most of things goes be by default and not optionally):

---> F-Secure AV:

Spoiler

Mostly about Windows platform (previously was also Mac, but on current days - description do not provide this platform as supported; maybe based on F-Secure SAFE good support for Mac);

And this is just as "traditional" AV solution with meanings that there is missing some kind of "browsing protection" features: there is not blocking harmful-pages; there is not visible search-results-ratings under the supported search-providers;  there is missing content-blocker-feature and other potential Parental control features;

You able to be with protection as real-time scanning; manual-scanning as context-scan option; DeepGuard (as HIPS) and with some else points. This module (as AV) mainly same with AV-module under the F-Secure SAFE/IS/TotalSecurity; So.. if you want to have some features based on browsing protection (or different platforms) - there more good to use one of them.

---> F-Secure Internet Security:

Spoiler

There...  as additional point to F-Secure AV :  Browsing Protection module (with abilities block harmful/suspicious pages; show safety-ratings for search-results under the Google/BING/Yahoo; Content Blocker as parental control feature; Device/Network time limit usage as parental control feature; and some additional options around this);

Also there is more abilities to provide proper protection under the AV-module (based on small additional points compare to just F-Secure AV);

Also just for Windows platform; and Price higher than for F-Secure AV:

---> F-Secure SAFE:

Spoiler

Practically same with F-Secure Internet Security for Windows platform,  also F-Secure SAFE can be for Android/Mac/iOS/Windows Phone;

When you get F-Secure SAFE - you get ability use your licenses with any of supported platforms.

There is next meanings:

F-Secure SAFE for Windows platform is F-Secure Internet Security with good ability to manage license-usage by special portal, where you able get installer/check status of license-usage and date expiration of subscription.

With some abilities to work with this portal.

F-Secure SAFE for Android platform is F-Secure Mobile Security (there is many features - not sure - if I able to name all of them). but mainly all of basic features, which can be there with android.

F-Secure SAFE for Mac platform is some kind of F-Secure Internet Security (for Mac);

Which related with previous F-Secure AV for Mac and on current days with some of Browsing protection features;

F-Secure SAFE for iOS and for Windows Phone   is "Safe Browser" mainly, which provide rating under the address bar and able to block harmful/suspicious pages; as additional point - some kind of parental control with content blocker;

So... if you have F-Secure SAFE for five devices (as five-abilities to use license):

This means that you able to install (as example) /"or to use one of license-for-device"/  for TWO Windows system, for ONE Mac system, ONE for Android system and ONE for Windows Phone system device;

Or any other settings (like FOUR for Windows devices and ONE for Android);

If you want - you able switch license from one device to another (like re-use it with another device or another platform);

Compare to F-Secure IS or AV :   if you have F-Secure IS for five devices -  you able install it just for FIVE Windows devices. For cover Android-device or other platform - you have to use another solution.

With F-Secure SAFE you able to use it for supported platforms. Each platform able to provide "different" features.

---> F-Secure Total Security:

Spoiler

Not use it yet, but mainly you able to think about this solution as F-Secure SAFE + F-Secure Freedome.

Previously.. if you want to use F-Secure SAFE and VPN like F-Secure Freedome - there was ability just to get both of them. F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Freedome.

F-Secure Total Security provide ability by one "license" get ability to use it as F-Secure SAFE and as F-Secure Freedome.

When you get F-Secure Total Security - mainly you install it under the device as F-Secure SAFE, but also will provided by steps to install/start use F-Secure Freedome, which covered by this solution.

You do not required to get two licenses like "F-Secure SAFE" and "F-Secure Freedome".

You able just get "F-Secure Total Security" for required number of devices and be with both of "solutions in one" - which anyway you have to use as two software under the system mainly.

Probably main page (F-Secure) should normally have description about.

---> F-Secure Freedome and F-Secure KEY:

Two solutions; F-Secure Freedome as VPN service-software;    and F-Secure Key is Password manager;

====

Also some kind of documentation can be helpful there:

https://help.f-secure.com/

Where you able to choose solution, switch platform and check Help/Documentation.

Usually there is can be visible, which features can be there with this solution/platform (Help about "using" software);

====

Sorry for my reply else one time.

Thanks.

Aspirant

Thank you for your help. I hope that F-Secure will respond too, in particular to my suggestion about a comparison table.

Community Manager

Hi @TimBlx,

Glad that you have brought this to our notice.  I brought up your idea of having a comparison table for our home consumer products to our team. Please be assured that we are currently  working on it.

I will update this post if there is any new news about this comparison table.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Community Manager

Hi @TimBlx,

As mentioned in my previous post, we have updated our KB article with a comparison table for our consumer products. Please find the article here.

Hope this helps with your query. If you have any feedbacks, please do let me know.

Aspirant

This is very helpful, thanks. May I suggest that it needs to go onto the main website under the Products menu. You don't mention Anti-Virus either.

Community Manager

Hi TimBlx,

Yes, we are indeed working on putting this table in the public webpage as well.