TeamViewer Note.App reported as a threat

Scholar

TeamViewer Note.App reported as a threat

A scan by F-Secure on my new MacBook Pro reports a file within the TeamViewer app as a threat. The path/filename is so long that the Filename field cannot be expanded sufficiently to see the actual file that is being reported.

I suspect that this is not actually a risk to my machine but any advice would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: TeamViewer Note.App reported as a threat

Hello St0ker,

This issue was resolved with updates to the Security Cloud ratings for the affected files.

You can also find about this FP in our FP page here.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Hello St0ker,

We are aware of this issue and we're working on this. The detected files mostly in our cases are a False Positive and has been marked as clean in our database.

Do you still happen to see the detection now? If yes, please provide us a screenshot of the detection name for us to check further.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Community Manager

Hello St0ker,

This issue was resolved with updates to the Security Cloud ratings for the affected files.

You can also find about this FP in our FP page here.

Executive Member

False positive is still present! File is named "libswiftDispatch.dylib".

@St0kerIf you click on the detected file name with 'two fingers on your touchpad' you can choose "show in Finder".

Community Manager

Hello Vetraci,

If you are still seeing any detections, please submit the affected file to us via here.

Scholar

Many Thanks for the replies.

I ran a scan this morning and the issue seems to be cleared.

If this happens in the future I will know how to see the full filename and send it for analysis.

Highlighted
Executive Member

Named 'False postive' is solved now, thanks @Laksh. Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates, @St0ker and @Vetraci. Good to hear that the issue is resolved.