Spotnet blocked by internet security 2013

Scholar

Re: Spotnet blocked by internet security 2013

Hoi Hako,

On advise of Jayson I created a Service Reque (see last post of Jayson.)  Next day I got this message:

Dear Werner,

Thank you for contacting F-Secure.

With regards to your enquiry, the latest build of the F-Secure program should have this issue resolved.

Please contact your ISP to uninstall and reinstall the latest version.

TM Ding
Technical Support Engineer
F-Secure Corporation

So I contacted XS4ALL and they confirmed me that the version on their website is the 2013-version.

I uninstalled my copy of F-secure 12.62 build 109, F-secure Security Panel 1.62 build 366 and installed the latest version for the XS4ALL website: F-secure 12.62 build 109, F-secure Security Panel 1.62 build 373.

And nothing changed. Spotnet still doesn't work.

Again I send an email to mr Ding, but a week later no answer at all???!!!!!!!!!??????????

Not even the message: you are still on the old version of the program.

I think XS4ALL get a licence for a very low price of older versions of the program and don't  tell this to their costumers.

Werner Verwaal

Aspirant

Hoi Werver,

Thanks for your detailed info on the latest installed F-Secure version and your confirmation that the Spotnet-F-Secure issue is still not solved. I am also at the same version F-secure 12.62 build 109, F-secure Security Panel 1.62 build 373 that still does not co-operate with Spotnet.

If you are right about your remark on the XS4ALL license, it does not look very promising for the next release of AV software from XS4ALL! Something to consider when selecting your internet provider.

pim
Scholar

Hello Hako,

Thanks for your effort. It's a pity that XS4ALL isn't paying for the solution of the problem.

I stept over to Spotlite and that program is working fine. I will wait for the XS4ALL news letter which is send monthly. Hopefully there will be a message soon with the acknowledgement that there were problems with F-Secure and that they fixed it. Untill that time I will use Spotlite (isn't that nice as Spotnet).

Highlighted
Scholar

Yesterday I have send a email to the support desk of XS4ALL. I want to know which version they have on their website.

I'm afraid not the latest, but we will see.

Scholar

please un-subscribe me from this subscription.

Scholar

At this moment I let spotnet work as follows: I installed f-secure from the site of my IP: XS4ALL. Then I installed fs_ccf_scanning.msi. I created a batch-file with the following content:

fshoster32.exe -StopPlugin -plugin:NID
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotnet\Spotnet.exe"
fshoster32.exe -StartPlugin -plugin:NID

Starting this lets spotnet work fine!

Scholar

Hi there,

since an update yesterday to F-Secure Security Panel 1.89 build 205 I can't open files in Spotnet. I get the same signal "removed" as I had in 2012.

How do I solve this problem?

My OS is Windows 8.1.

Aspirant

Hi NoNick,

Copy the following lines of text to a text file named fsecurehelp.txt:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 3 -w 1000 >nul: 2>nul:

Next, rename the file fsecurehelp.txt to fsecurehelp.bat and put it e.g. on your desktop for easy access.

Now, every time you open Spotnet wait a few seconds to enable update of the Spotnet database, next rightclick on fsecurehelp.bat and select "execute as administrator" and confirm your choice. This will enable you to view and download items from the Spotnet list.

By making a shortcut, linking to the file fsecurehelp.bat and assigning administration rights to this shortcut you can speedup this process (in that case you only have to double click the shortcut to fsecurehelp.bat).  

Unfortunately, you have to repeat this every time you execute Spotnet.

Alternatively, you can extend the file fsecurehelp.bat with a line of text that starts up Spotnet:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure
 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotnet\Spotnet.exe" 

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 3 -w 1000 >nul: 2>nul:

This will enable you to start Spotnet by executing the file fsecurehelp.bat (with administration rights) and view/download items subsequently.

View solution in original post

Scholar

Hello Hako,

Thank you for your quick response.

Your set of instructions works well. 

With regards,

NoNick