Internet Security 2014 on Vista 64-bit

Scholar

Internet Security 2014 on Vista 64-bit

Internet Security 2014 claims that the OS is incompatible when I try to install on Vista 64-bit Home Premium.  Why is this when Internet Security 2011 will install?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Internet Security 2014 on Vista 64-bit

Hi Jeff,

NikK is right. The supported  platforms are Windows 8.1 / 8.1 Pro, Windows 8 / 8 Pro, Windows 7 (all editions), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows XP (32-bit, SP3 or later).

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate

I'm guessing it's the OS service pack (SP). For 2014 and Vista, SP 2 is required.

In 2014 the firewall solution is based on Windows Firewall. 2011 had F-Secure's own firewall. I think that's the biggest difference, and maybe why SP 2 is required now that the Windows firewall is used instead.

Scholar

Thanks, you're correct, it did need SP2.  It's just a pity that F-Secure's error message wasn't more helpful.

Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Jeff,

NikK is right. The supported  platforms are Windows 8.1 / 8.1 Pro, Windows 8 / 8 Pro, Windows 7 (all editions), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows XP (32-bit, SP3 or later).

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post