I just got the automatic upgrade to FSIS 2012, but the installation have failed and says its upgrading...but its not.
I've rebooted several times now, the only protections I have at the moment is online safety and computer security.
Pretty frustrating, what should I do?
Please take an FSDIAG from the problematic computer and submit a request to our support:
Creating an FSDIAG file:
I Got this update but got stuck during setup with remove conflicting security product:
However, it does not tell WHICH security product is conflicting.
Assuming it was in conflict with itself, I rebooted the PC, but at startup, windows detected a huge amount of filesystem errors, of which some were definitely fsecure related files. Many files were removed during the automatic chkdsk during startup. I do fear multiple programs were affected by this. Forinstance Outlook does not run anymore.
- no luck on de-installing and re-installing (only the control panel can be de-installed, the virus sanner cannot!!!)
- no luck on stopping services prior to install / update
- running the original installable fails the same, 'cos it starts by downloading this update.
- I did not find any reference to "2012" in Internet Security; it may be that I have FSIS 2011 (neither 2011 is mentioned anywhere)
- No luck in finding THE conflicting security product
- I am running Windows Vista 32-bit
- FSIS is offered to me by my internet provider XS4ALL. I haven't contacted them yet, as this is an F-Secure issue, imo.
In response to my previous posting,
The issue with "conflicting security product" has been identified as an F-Secure updater problem
It is possible that I have some OEM version as supplied by/for my ISP, where the updater could not cope with.
The issue that worried me the most (the huge amount of filesystem errors upon restart) is uncleared, but not important anymore as I don't seem to miss any important files, and it has't re-occurred anymore. The system seems stable.
That indicate that the installer is not accepting your subscription key. Kindly refer Gary's reply to your issue.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions