F Secure Internet Daemon has stopped working

Scholar

F Secure Internet Daemon has stopped working

Five days ago I downloaded and installed a trial version of the Internet Security suite 2012 on my Win 7 64bit system. 
Everything went fine until this morning when, without my having made any changes to my system, I booted up the machine and there was no sign of the suite.  The launch pad no longer appeared in the taskbar.  I attempted to launch it from the icon on my desktop but nothing happened when I clicked on it.  I then went to services.msc and discovered that all of the services related to F-Secure had been disabled.  I reenabled them and rebooted the computer but though they remained enabled I was still unable to launch the program.  I tried executing fsdfwd.exe directly from the program but all I got was a black DOS screen and the message that the F-Secure Internet Daemon had stopped working.

Since then I have run various anti malware programs including Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Spywarebot, and two online scanners but they have all turned up clean.  Even Hijackthis has not shown up anything suspicious.  I will probably have to install a temporary antivirus program as I assume that this machine is no longer protected. Does anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: F Secure Internet Daemon has stopped working

Hi Cyberfish,

Please update us how many security software install on your machine currently? Please remove all security software on your machine and restart the computer. The F-Secure Internet Security should be appearing on your system tray.

Please uninstall all the conflicting software on program and feature, remove any existing folder manually on C:\program files\  Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Spywarebot if you have found any.

If the issue still persist, kindly contact our support here:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Thanks

Best Regards,

Andy

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
F-Secure

Hi Cyberfish,

Please update us how many security software install on your machine currently? Please remove all security software on your machine and restart the computer. The F-Secure Internet Security should be appearing on your system tray.

Please uninstall all the conflicting software on program and feature, remove any existing folder manually on C:\program files\  Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Spywarebot if you have found any.

If the issue still persist, kindly contact our support here:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Thanks

Best Regards,

Andy

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Scholar

Be sure that you are only running a single AV program and anything of the same software as it may conflict how each software will scan your system for threats.

Business is the game!!

Scholar

Thanks for your reply.

The only one of the antivirus programs that were actually installed on my machine was Spybot and I did a clean uninstall
on this and rebooted without any result.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi cyberfish,

Please reinstall the F-Secure Internet Security 2012 as the previous installation might be corrupted.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Scholar

Hi,

I had already done that just before I checked back with this forum. Should have tried it in the first place as everything seems ok now. The 30 day trial started all over again which surprised me as I thought it would just pick up where it left off.  By the way, when is the 2013 suite due for release?

Thanks to all for your help.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi cyberfish,

Glad to hear that your F-Secure program is working well now. ETA for F-Secure Internet Security 2013 release still unconfirmed.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein