cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing Protection Conflicts with Sending Mail on Thunderbird

Highlighted
Scholar

Browsing Protection Conflicts with Sending Mail on Thunderbird

Since yesterday I have not been able send emails on Thunderbird when F secure Browsing protection is on.

I can however send with no problem when I disable Browsing protection.  I have discovered that the problem is associated with Browsing Protection by Trial and Error.

I also have a similar problem wth another program I use for sending out "mail merge" emails - Mailist Controller.

For the moment I am disabling Browsing Protection - and being careful about which sites I visit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Browsing Protection Conflicts with Sending Mail on Thunderbird

Hello Everyone,

Yes, the issue has been resolved from our side. 

Appreciate the updates regarding the issue.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
7 REPLIES
Novice

I have a very similar issue F-Secure!!!

Thunderbird will not work - cannot SEND OR RECEIVE emails UNLESS I turn Virus protection! This satrted around Friday last week!

Unable to find any fixes!

Aspirant

I have had exactly the same problem, which also started on Saturday, when Thunderbird would not send or receive emails. Finally tracked it down to the Web Browser protection element of F-Secure Safe. By turning it off the problem dissapeared but when turned on again the problem came back. I have contacted F-Secure support today who have acknowledged the problem so hopefully there will be a fix soon. Have been using webmail but what a chore.

Novice

Many thanks for your update - really appreciated!

Hopefully F-secure will provide a patch asap as it is a real pain to keep switching the app off and on just to get mails throughout the day!

Aspirant

Thanks for your message.

I tried using webmail but didn't find it as user friendly as Thunderbird and it doesn't seem to include any audio announcement of a email arriving.  From the comments from F-Secure technician, there may be a few people in the same position as us which should prompt them to immediate action, or lose some customers.  So fingers crossed that there is a rapid fix.

Scholar

This problem now seems to be resolved as I am able to sennd emails on Thunderbird with F-Secure fully turned on.

Aspirant

Great news and thanks for letting me know. Well done the people at F Secure

Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

Yes, the issue has been resolved from our side. 

Appreciate the updates regarding the issue.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.