Time is running out for SENSE
I am steadily becoming very disappointed with the Sense. It is behing DD-WRT, protection abilities are somewhat obscure, reporting and visibility is non-existent and it's missing VPN, Guest Wi-Fi and pretty much any advanced feature.
Then again, I'm clearly the wrong focus group being in IT. This router should be used by 60+ persons who do not care about IoT or security and do not use Android or IoS phones, but landline. Or should it? Perhaps F-Secure has failed to tailor the abilities to meet the customer groups. Most users are early adopters with expectations of features the product just promises to have. Without any committed deadlines or dates.
I'm not seeing this product on supermarkets, so I'm just counting the days F-Secure throws in the towel and announces to discontinue the development and sales due to disappointing sales figures and lack of adoptance. After creating such a hype of course.
I am waiting the subscription to end and getting a new Asus router instead. I hope they will make a nice discount for SAFE subscriptions to keep getting at least some revenue from disappointed eary adopters.
Here are the questions to win me back:
- What is the roadmap with dates to get the features rolled-out?
- Are you still actively developing the product or have you given up already?
- What is coming on the security side?
- How are you going to meet the needs for logging, reporting and visibility for more advanced users? Or do you want to take it to simplified direction?
- If you fail in the retail markets, does this stop the development and make you abandon the users?