future of f-Secure sense router environment

Options
JOnes
JOnes Posts: 462 Rock Star
edited January 23 in F-Secure Sense

According to your announcements, support for F-Secure Sense router's security features ended on 31.12.2023 and the device will function as a normal firewall (presumably) after that and there will be no further updates.

However, when logging in with the http protocol in question. Wi-Fi network Sense-route address(.1) to the address in question. However, the device prompts you to install security software (F-Secure Sense) for Windows and Mac devices (max 25 devices/Router).

If a consumer customer wishes to continue using your changes security software on their devices (after 1.1.2024), he or she will obviously has to remove old F-Secure sense clients (F-sense 19.2) and purchase new Total licenses and register them on the my.f-secure.com portal, or are there other options for this. Have I understood this correctly? Would you mind explaining the issue more,thx,,

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @JOnes

Thank you for your post.

According to your announcements, support for F-Secure Sense router's security features ended on 31.12.2023 and the device will function as a normal firewall (presumably) after that and there will be no further updates.

Yes, you are correct. As outlined in our online article regarding the F-Secure Sense Router End of Life (EOL), the F-Secure Sense router, initially released in 2015, concluded its support on December 31st, 2023. Subsequently, the router will function as a standard router with all security features deactivated.

However, when logging in with the http protocol in question. Wi-Fi network Sense-route address(.1) to the address in question. However, the device prompts you to install security software (F-Secure Sense) for Windows and Mac devices (max 25 devices/Router).

As for the app, it will also reach its End of Life (EOL) following the conclusion of support for the router.

If a consumer customer wishes to continue using your changes security software on their devices (after 1.1.2024), he or she will obviously has to remove old F-Secure sense clients (F-sense 19.2) and purchase new Total licenses and register them on the my.f-secure.com portal, or are there other options for this. Have I understood this correctly? Would you mind explaining the issue more,thx,,

Considering the conclusion of support for the device, we recommend transitioning to F-Secure Total to ensure ongoing protection for your devices. However, we would appreciate more information about your Sense router to assist you further. Could you please provide the serial number of your router? I have sent you a private message; kindly share the details with me there.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 462 Rock Star
    Options

The sense router in question has been disconneted from network and replaced with another device.Hopefully "the missed sense client devices" will "call home" in some rainy day...