Sense Router Support

Options
System
System Posts: 131 Enthusiast
edited March 1 in F-Secure Sense
This discussion was created from comments split from: SENSE Router Support.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @jaostman

Thank you for your comment.

On my phone however, the Sense Router app states that the subscription has ended. Are the security features active at all on my phone until 31.12.2023?

I've looked into it, and it appears that your F-Secure Sense router is currently linked to your F-Secure Total subscription, which is set to be active until March 23rd, 2024.

The security features will continue to be available until December 31st, 2023. After that, there won't be any further updates, and the router will function like a standard one. For additional details, feel free to visit this link: https://community.f-secure.com/sense-router-en/kb/articles/29613-f-secure-sense-router-end-of-life-eol.

Getting back to this on another browser, half of my comment was erased when I sent it.

Feel free to take advantage of the "Save Draft" feature to store your comment for posting on another day.

Still unable to upload a screenshot of the app. I've tried three different browsers with plugins disabled.

Did you encounter any errors while attempting to upload a screenshot to your comment? If you did, please let me know so I can assist you with resolving the issue.

On my laptop the Sense client states that I have an active subscription. After 31.12.2023, I should uninstall the Sense Client, then download and install the F-Secure Total client. When I log in with my credentials associated with my current F-Secure TOTAL subscription, that instance of the TOTAL client will be added to my subscription at no extra cost, until the next renewal of my TOTAL subscription (in March 2024). This is my understanding of your previous answers to @JOnes , but I may be mistaken. Please advice.

Starting from December 31st, 2023, we recommend uninstalling the F-Secure Sense app from your device and replacing it with the F-Secure Total app to ensure continued protection for your devices.

Should you need more details or assistance, feel free to let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• jaostman
    jaostman Posts: 14 Enthusiast
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Firmy ,

I'm getting back to this matter a little late, but I'm going to need some clarification on this matter or – as the saying goes in Finnish – twisting of the iron thread, to make it clear.

1. On my phone however, the Sense Router app states that the subscription has ended. Are the security features active at all on my phone until 31.12.2023?
    2. Getting back to this on another browser, half of my comment was erased when I sent it.
    3. Still unable to upload a screenshot of the app. I've tried three different browsers with plugins disabled.
    4. On my laptop the Sense client states that I have an active subscription. After 31.12.2023, I should uninstall the Sense Client, then download and install the F-Secure Total client. When I log in with my credentials associated with my current F-Secure TOTAL subscription, that instance of the TOTAL client will be added to my subscription at no extra cost, until the next renewal of my TOTAL subscription (in March 2024). This is my understanding of your previous answers to @JOnes , but I may be mistaken. Please advice.
  • jaostman
    Options

Hello @Firmy, thanks for your response.

The upload seems to be working now. It was probably an issue with some plugin after all. I saved the draft but it didn't work at the time.

So here is a screenshot of my Sense app on my phone. My interpretation is that it is not active or providing security features to my phone. Or is this how it is supposed to look?

About the laptop and the replacing of the Sense client with the TOTAL client:

How will this work exactly: My current subscription plan on my.f-secure.com is for 7 devices, all currently in use and active. So when I install the TOTAL client on my laptop and log in with my credentials, what happens then? Will my subscription be updated to 8 devices with no extra cost?

This still seems to me to be some misunderstanding. And I fear, that when I do the above mentioned switch, I will indeed need to update my subscription and pay the difference for the remaining time left of the subscription.

I mean, the laptop that currently has only the Sense app does not show up in the devices listed on my.f-secure.com. As a matter of fact, there is nothing on my.f-secure.com to even suggest I have a Sense router, subscription or any devices running the Sense client or app.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @jaostman

Thank you for your comment.

So here is a screenshot of my Sense app on my phone. My interpretation is that it is not active or providing security features to my phone. Or is this how it is supposed to look?

It looks like we need to take a closer look at our backend to address this issue. While it appears that your F-Secure Total subscription isn't connecting, from our end, it seems to be linked correctly.

Have you given basic troubleshooting a shot, such as restarting the router? That can often resolve connectivity issues.

Please keep me updated on whether the problem persists after you've restarted the router. Additionally, I've sent you a private message; could you please respond with the router's serial number? This will assist us in resolving the matter more efficiently.

How will this work exactly: My current subscription plan on my.f-secure.com is for 7 devices, all currently in use and active. So when I install the TOTAL client on my laptop and log in with my credentials, what happens then? Will my subscription be updated to 8 devices with no extra cost?

I've just checked your account, and you still have one available license out of the seven you originally had. This means you can use that license to replace the F-Secure Sense app on your laptop.

However, if you happen to run out of licenses in the future, don't worry. You can easily purchase more licenses by clicking on the "Buy More" option. Currently, you have seven licenses, however, you have the option to upgrade to a total of ten licenses if needed.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Have a wonderful day.

• jaostman
    Options

Please keep me updated on whether the problem persists after you've restarted the router. Additionally, I've sent you a private message; could you please respond with the router's serial number? This will assist us in resolving the matter more efficiently.

@Firmy , I'll get back to you regarding the Sense router and app via private message and we can continue the discussion there.

However, if you happen to run out of licenses in the future, don't worry. You can easily purchase more licenses by clicking on the "Buy More" option. Currently, you have seven licenses, however, you have the option to upgrade to a total of ten licenses if needed.

The one free license at the moment is due to reinstallation of the TOTAL app on my child's device, we have another discussion going about that issue via private message.

Here we come the core of the possible misunderstanding. You say "buy more" but was not the point that we will not have to pay anything when replacing the Sense client with the TOTAL client? Or do you mean that I can "buy more" and "upgrade to a total of ten licenses" without any extra cost up until the renewal of my subscription on March 23rd 2024? And at that point I will have to pay extra for the new licenses?

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @jaostman

I regret for the misunderstanding.

Here we come the core of the possible misunderstanding. You say "buy more" but was not the point that we will not have to pay anything when replacing the Sense client with the TOTAL client? Or do you mean that I can "buy more" and "upgrade to a total of ten licenses" without any extra cost up until the renewal of my subscription on March 23rd 2024? And at that point I will have to pay extra for the new licenses?

If you're interested in acquiring additional licenses, you'll need to make a purchase. Unfortunately, there won't be any extra licenses provided when the F-Secure Sense router reaches its end of life.

I hope this clears up any questions you may have had. If you need more information or have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you, and I wish you a wonderful day ahead.

• jaostman
    Options

@Firmy , thanks for your response. It does somewhat clear it up, and I'm again double checking, due to the your previous answers to @JOnes :

After 31.12.2023, if I want to continue protecting the devices that have been behind the Sense router and/or Sense client/app, I need to uninstall the Sense client/app and then install TOTAL. For these "new" devices concerning the TOTAL subscription, I will have to purchase and pay additional licenses starting 1.1.2024. Is this correct?

The misunderstanding is even stranger now though, as I can not understand what you could have meant by your previous answers like the one's below:

This was your previous answer to JOnes regarding their devices. So what exactly do you mean by "you won't have to pay for F-Secure Total" in this regard? Clearly, we will have to pay for these "new" licenses right away.

In the example of JOnes, they had a TOTAL subscription for five (5) devices and about twenty-five (25) devices behind the Sense router or running the Sense client/app. The devices running behind Sense router/client will lose all protection on 1.1.2024, so doesn't that mean that JOnes will have to buy 25 new licenses of TOTAL?

In my case, you wrote:

Starting from December 31st, 2023, we recommend uninstalling the F-Secure Sense app from your device and replacing it with the F-Secure Total app to ensure continued protection for your devices. No extra subscription fees will be incurred as your current subscription already covers this service.

This is again confusing, since your latest answers means there will indeed be extra subscription fees starting from 1.1.2024. So if I now had 7 licenses/devices for TOTAL and 3 devices running the Sense app, I will have to purchase 3 new TOTAL licenses starting 1.1.2024 to protect these 3 devices. Have I understood this part correctly?

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @jaostman

After 31.12.2023, if I want to continue protecting the devices that have been behind the Sense router and/or Sense client/app, I need to uninstall the Sense client/app and then install TOTAL. For these "new" devices concerning the TOTAL subscription, I will have to purchase and pay additional licenses starting 1.1.2024. Is this correct?

Yes, you are right.

This was your previous answer to JOnes regarding their devices. So what exactly do you mean by "you won't have to pay for F-Secure Total" in this regard? Clearly, we will have to pay for these "new" licenses right away.

This particular situation doesn't quite apply to your case, as you've already utilized all your available licenses. To protect additional devices, you'll need to purchase more licenses.

This is again confusing, since your latest answers means there will indeed be extra subscription fees starting from 1.1.2024. So if I now had 7 licenses/devices for TOTAL and 3 devices running the Sense app, I will have to purchase 3 new TOTAL licenses starting 1.1.2024 to protect these 3 devices. Have I understood this part correctly?

The scenario you mentioned would be applicable if you had any unused licenses to assign, however, in your current situation, they're all in use.

I hope this clears up any confusion. If you need further information or have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

• jaostman
    Options

Thank you @Firmy , for clarifying!

The previous discussion and answers made it sound like we would be getting one free TOTAL license for every device running the Sense client, up until the next renewal of our TOTAL subscription.

At least, that how it sounded to my ears, but now it is clear that this is not the case.

Thanks again for clarifying.

This discussion has been closed.