F-secure sense 19.0 (win 10 client)

Options
JOnes
JOnes Posts: 465 Rock Star
edited December 2023 in F-Secure Sense

Is it possible to define website exceptions for banking protection?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @JOnes

Based on our chat discussion, currently, it is not possible to disable banking protection automatically for a website categorized as banking. The categorization is determined from our end. However, if you prefer not to activate banking protection for a specific website, you have a couple of options:

1. You can disable banking protection completely from the product. Just remember to enable it again when needed.
    2. Alternatively, you can submit the URL to our labs for further investigation. Simply follow these steps:

Please make sure to provide your question in English in the "Description" field.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Answers

• Firmy
    Options

Hello@JOnes

Thank you for your post.

To add a website to the Allowed list for exceptions, you can follow these simple steps:

1. Open F-Secure Sense app.
    2. Select Secure Browsing & Banking.
    3. Click on Website exceptions.
    4. Select Allowed tab.
    5. Select Add New to add the new website to the list.
    6. Enter the address of the website you want to add, then select OK.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance. We're here to help, and we want to ensure you have a smooth experience.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I hope you have a great day.

• JOnes
    Options

Please, read the question carefully and test the following url

Looks like the exception is not functioning WITH BANKING PROTECTION.i did NOT ask HOWTO just add "normal exceptions" only with banking protection active

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @JOnes

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to confirm with you whether you would like to allow a website while using banking protection, or if you prefer to visit the URL https://www.nordnet.fi/markkinakatsaus without banking protection.

If you choose to allow a website while banking protection is activated, you can follow my previous instructions to allow that specific website to run smoothly without being blocked by banking protection.

However, if you prefer not to have banking protection turned on when you visit https://www.nordnet.fi/markkinakatsaus, you have two options:

1. You can disable banking protection completely.
    2. Alternatively, you can deactivate banking protection temporarily by selecting "End" at the top of the page when you see that banking protection is activated.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

• JOnes
    Options

Well,thank you again @Firmy from the detailed instructions concerning operations of the banking protection and web exception in sense client 19.0 .They were actually not the issue in the first place.Despite of the exception of allowed url in settings of the banking protection.The banking protection is activated and has to be deactivated manually which is a little bit confusing.This happens

eg. with the url https://www.nordnet.fi/markkinakatsaus

That's way i asked whether it is a normal operation of the software or not(win 10 sense client 19.0)

Don,t burn yourself with warm sun during worderful day..

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @JOnes

Thank you for your clarification.

The reason why the banking protection is activated when you visit the link https://www.nordnet.fi/markkinakatsaus is because this URL falls under the banking category. This is a security measure to ensure the safety of your banking transactions and session, just like F-Secure Total / F-Secure Internet Security.

It is completely normal for the banking protection to activate when you access a banking site. If you wish to end the banking protection, simply click "End" or close the banking site. You will notice that the green border disappears from your screen.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

• JOnes
    edited June 2023
    Options

Again @Firmy you try to explain the operation and administation of the banking protection and again it's NOT my "root question".Well.it looks like the banking protection is activated regardless of the defined exception url if ithe url is categorialised as banking by software.Within the urls with banking there are "banking urls" that are more informative and need not be considered as banking with sensitive financial affairs...

So the original question was:

"Is it possible to define website exceptions for banking protection?"

The answer is NO,only exceptions with ordinary sites,the banking protection overrides those exceptions if the URL falls under the banking category,more artificial intelligence may be discovered in the future perhaps..

Let us all have a sunny and worderfull day😀

This discussion has been closed.